Jump Like a Rabbit by D. Stork

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Here’s another happy little foot tapper.
    Hope you guys like it.

https://youtu.be/-neAetTpl68

This is my procedure now:
    Start video recording on iPhoneX then…
    Pretty easy audio recording, it’s all on an H6 Zoom.
    Mando part played with inbuilt mics, then switch to overdub, and listen to the mando take you’ve decided is the best over headphones while recording guitar onto track 2.
    Keep repeating until you have a track you really like and upload/combine the two in BandLab.
    Then download the combined BandLab-auto-mastered track.

Finally go to iMovie and attach audio to vid, aligning using the vid’s audio.
    Then delete vid’s audio.
    Voila!!

-though I’m sorry that the foot tapping wasn’t on it’s own volume-adjustable track…
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    You have obviously fun with your new recording tool. Sounds great with guitar backing.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A really fun tune, Simon, and you play it with great lift here. Your new set-up seems to suit you well too. I look forward to more from your new Zoom recorder.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Frithjof and John.
    I have been playing some sad tunes too but the joy-fundamentalist in me prevents me from sharing.
    Love the recorder, it has certainly helped me with my pick-click issue, but the main thing is that the directional balanced microphones remove a lot of the background noise. I can place the recorder quite close to the mandolin and it doesn’t sound overwhelmed.

I was wondering if you gents noticed a difference?
    The other issue was the uncontrollable foot tapping volume but that’s going to change with my old external mic.
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    WOW!! This one has a lot of drive, great playing and recording, Simon!
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    You're the image of Zen on that sofa, and the sound quality is really great. It's a lovely tune, and your playing is ever so clean and danceable.
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Wow to your recent posts too Christian, thanks.
    May the zen be with you as well Dennis.
    The feeling comes from Paradise, it’s the name we give to our garden shed recording studio.

We have a non-violent behaviour here in the Lower World: before any family discussions become too political or heated then someone usually retires to Paradise and is praised in their absence by the other less magnanimous violent criminal accessories.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    X:1
    T: Jump Like A Rabbit
    R: jig
    M: 6/8
    L: 1/8
    K: Edor
    |:"Em" e2 B e2 B|efg "D" fed|"Em" e2 B e2 B|"A" c2 A "Bm" Bcd|
    "Em" e2 B e2 B|efg "D" fed|"Em" e2 B "A" c2 A|"Bm" Bcd "Em" e3:|
    |:"A" c2 A e2 c|a2 e c2 A|"G" BGB dBd|g2 d B2 G|
    "A" c2 A e2 c|a2 e c2 e|"D" fga gfe|"G" dcB "A" A3:|
  9. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    A toe-tapper for sure. Great recording and playing. The tune is playing itself through you.
  10. Mandolin Deep Cuts
    Mandolin Deep Cuts
    I absolutely love this. Also thank you for detailing your recording process! I haven't tried video yet. Is that a mandola?
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Don and MDC, I love this tune. I could have played it all evening.
    It has an almost 2/4 feel to it and seemed to be an amalgamation of my finger-flow favourite tunes.
  12. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Simon wrote: "Hope you guys like it."

Absolutely! Great beat, love it!