Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: What are you playing the blues on?

I'm using an F-4 or a Trapdoor banjo-mandolin. I also have an A-Jr strung up in octaves. I've always thought that Charlie Patton preferred the Stella because it was ladder braced rather than X braced.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: blues, stomps update

Great news. I've really enjoyed your posts and look forward to more.

Tom Mylet
  3. Replies
    Views

Pocket Mandolin Doug Unger

Doug Unger, an old friend who builds mandolins and banjos, recently sent me this photo of a half a dozen Pocket Mandolins he's been working on. I thought someone here would find these of interest.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Snark tuners damaging finish

Like most things I buy, I immediately threw the instructions away and promptly left my Snark tuner on the headstock. The mark it left on my headstock was annoying but not unbearable. Next trip to the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Doug Unger Mandolin??

I first met Doug around 1970 or so and have been good friends since then. I own two of his banjos and one of his mandolins. I've also seen other banjos and mandolins he's made, a torch and wire F-2...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Phebel wright....

Great thread. I'd love to have anything by Phebel Wright and would gladly put any cassettes or lps on to disc.

Also, Lint Head Stomp (8 variations) is tabbed out in Steven Parkers "Ragtime for...