Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: A12 to F5G part 2

The neck joint is a simple slot rather the a dove tail and the neck is glued in place. Not a good system. The new back I made extends over the heal joint ( the original did not). This should help...
  2. Replies
    Views

A12 to F5G part 2

A few months back I posted some pics of an A12 to F5G conversion...carved scroll, regraduated top and back, triple bound, fern headstock inlay, burst, lacquered, polished. It looked great but...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A12 to F conversion

Like F model mandolins, the a12 has a mahogany block inside the mouse ear where the scroll gets carved. With the neck off, I built a jig the body could sit in and remain level (the back is arched...
  4. Replies
    Views

Gibson A12 to F conversion

I bought this 1968 A12 with a bad neck joint a while ago and decided to have some fun with it. With the neck off, I built a jig and carved a scroll into the Micky Mouse ear (this cut is not easy and...
  5. How to create a mirror like lacquer finish

I hope new builders will find this "How to" video helpful. With limited resources and/or space, and without a buffing wheel, you can still achieve an excellent gloss lacquer finish with a random...