Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Advice on mandolin Upgrade

All good advice above. Any of the three Breedloves linked to Reverb will check your boxes. I also play guitar, bass, uke, banjo (well, I own one and can play a few songs on it), and octave mando, so...
  2. Replies
    Views

Man, those are nice. And all with wide nut. I particularly like the 3rd one (sucker for a blond).
  3. Replies
    Views

Yamaha
    Yairi
    Guild
    Fender
    PRS
    EBMM

And my beloved Art and Lutherie parlor!!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

I'd save a lot of $ and buy a Hogan F5 and get an accurate copy of a Loar F5. If I did buy one, I'd dig the name out of the headstock with a pocket knife just for their constant lawsuit threat...
  5. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday Doc Watson

Today is the 101st anniversary of Doc Watson's birth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLXs_Y0FvA
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Place to Look for Used Collings

Nice, Pat, but I only have a few Collings mandolins left. Although TME currently has my last and all time favorite MT2v there. I had COVID late last year and have now developed some issues with my...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Place to Shop For Mandolins

Agreeing with Pheffernan, why Sam Ash or Guitar Center? There are good sponsors of this website who are excellent with customer service, advice, and inventory selection.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Fletcher tenor guitars?

[QUOTE=belbein;1929518][... they seem designed to handle GDAE tuning on a 21" scale] “That wasn't my impression. I thought they were build for CGDA right out of the shop. A question I need to ask,...
  9. Five mandolins sold in a little over 2 weeks via consignment

Officially retired this past July and man has life been busy. Had decided to reduce the case clutter in the house 2 years ago but just now getting the time to start.

Super busy with so much I...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: My latest Octave Mandolin

11. Replies
    Views

Re: My latest Octave Mandolin

The upload didn’t work. I’m trying again
  12. Replies
    Views

DataNick on Bluegrasstoday

I just wanted to give a shout out for DataNick who has this on Bluegrasstoday:

https://bluegrasstoday.com/california-report-san-diego-mandolinist-b-k-nick-nicholson/

I miss his quality posts...
  13. Re: Oval Hole, A styl mandolin with full 14.25 to 14.50" scale le

Steve 2E, it was 14" scale.
  14. Re: Oval Hole, A styl mandolin with full 14.25 to 14.50" scale le

pheffernan , Yes Indeed, you pointed me to it and I hope it is as good as I anticipate. I just wish I could play worthy of the instruments I own. Oh well, It is fun and I enjoy it. thanks, JC
  15. Re: Oval Hole, A styl mandolin with full 14.25 to 14.50" scale le

thanks pheffernan, I looked, I liked, I am awaiting its journey to me. Thanks
  16. NMC Muireann Bradley Irish blues prodigy

We have witnessed young mandolin players rising thru the ranks and blowing us away with their talent. I just stumbled upon Muireann Bradley and her fantastic playing of fingerstyle ragtime and blues...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Getting Started in 2024 - What's The Move?

Well friends, I ended up with a mando rather ahead of my anticipated schedule! After playing a handful of Eastmans and Kentuckys locally, a Northfield Calhoun appeared on Craigslist semi-locally. It...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Linda Lou my Gibson

Note that in 1924 they went to worm over tuners as well. The OP's tuners might have been transitional for a paddle head as they are worm over and cut the right way. I honestly think Gibson was...
  19. Replies
    Views

Two 1923 A models
  20. Replies
    Views

Two 1924 A1's.
  21. Replies
    Views

NFI Rickenbacker electric

Just saw this on the Bernunzio website. Don't know how it sounds but it looks cool. No financial interest, they do get some unusual instruments in there from time to time
  22. Replies
    Views

New Tom Kimber video

Just came across this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWkHESxglI&ab_channel=TomKimber

Enjoy.

Nigel
    https://www.nkforsterguitars.com/instruments/tenor-guitar/tom-kimber-tenor-guitar/
  23. Thread: Purchase Advice

by Denko
    Replies
    Views

Re: Purchase Advice

You're welcome fox.

Very nice pheffernan.

Blueridge and a 14-fret Size 2 Ibanez.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: This Baby's Got Back!

To be clear - That is an awesome burst. I had a mild panic attack that my meaning would be misunderstood.
  25. Replies
    Views

New GZ-SS guitar bouzouki

After making many cylinder top guitar bouzouki, this last year I've had many orders for a Sobell style guitar bouzouki. The soundboards are much more in line with what I made with Stefan in the 90s...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4