Here's what I like to do with a tenor in GDAD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLlTeZ2ZqI

UsLlTeZ2ZqI

Thanks,
    Baron
  2. Replies
    Views

Happy July 4th

Hi folks - A very happy July 4th to all of you - ''Independence Day'' - what's that all about ?:grin:
    Ivan;)
  3. Replies
    Views

A mellow instrumental on tenor(s)

I've enjoyed writing these pop/jazz/blues instrumentals lately. Most have been built around 6-string guitars, but with this one I set a particular goal: to arrange the whole thing without a single...
  4. Replies
    Views

My New (To Me) Gibson Tenor...

This guitar has always been one of my favorites, and I'm sad to say it's now in my possession...
    Sad, because a good friend's demise is why I now have it...
    Beautiful, no?
    Yes, those are Brad's...
  5. Replies
    Views

Kala Tenor Guitar Sale?

Kala Tenor Guitar selling for $199.99. (NFI)
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I keep original tenor case?

Oh yeh it sure matters to me when I buy something vintage-I for sure want the case it came with and if it doesn't I sure try to find one!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I keep original tenor case?

Word of advice from a player/collector of fine instruments DO NOT sell the case/throw it away. When one buys a vintage instrument they want the original case-even if its beat up! Trust Me. Yes and a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Play for free ...

I'll play for free at local folk clubs, one because they have a clear policy of alternating guest nights (paid professionals) and members nights (where people bring along songs and tunes to share)...
  9. Down by the Sally Gardens (Improvisation wit cut capo)

Improvisation on CGDA tenor guitar with cut capo (2220 DAEA)

http://youtu.be/IMKjTQ4weX4
  10. Replies
    Views

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Well in the spirit of DCav's call to post more videos, here my version of the classic holiday song. I'm happy with the arrangement I came up with, less so with the execution. Someday I'll be able to...
  11. Bach Cello Suite No.1 Prelude - Paul Shippey A5 Mandolin

This is my attempt at recording the prelude to Bach's Cello Suite No 1 on my Shippey A5. I am not classically trained, so any thoughts you may have would be welcome. I have not strictly followed the...
  12. Re: Where can I learn more about Jethro Burns?

I'm always delighted when anyone discovers Jethro and wants to know more. He was my teacher, hero,and friend. Please allow me to share a few facts and leads..

The original poster may want to dig...
  13. Re: Suggest a tenor guitar to string as octave mandolin please

Here is a 25" scale six string conversion I did only a few days ago, took around two hours or work.
    I cut down the fret board using a mini grinder with a 2mm thick metal cutting disc just leaving...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield mandolins

i suppose i should list my F5S that arrived a few weeks ago, although i started a thread in another subforum
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?123289-Northfield-F5S-in-the-house
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield mandolins

What a Northfield Model M sounds like in the hands of mere mortals...

http://youtu.be/a6SbJjmOkdw
  16. Thread: Fred Weisz

by Dawg
    Replies
    Views

Fred Weisz

It is with a heavy heart that I share the news that my dear friend and musical colleague for nearly 60 years, Fred Weisz, passed away this past Wednesday, March 16, in Everett, Washington. Fred was...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: New student with a new toy!

to the OP. Enjoy the journey! My only advice is not to ignore the right hand. All the music comes from the hand holding the pick. So, that's where you'll find the tone and the tempo. Sure, the...
  18. Replies
    Views

Silverangel 363 Test Drive VIDEO

Here's a recent test drive video of my newly acquired Silverangel with Adirondack top. This mandolin has a James tailpiece and Rubner tuners. I was playing with a BlueChip TP 50 pick. This...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins to consider in the...

You need to search using google, and scroll down and look for mandolin cafe results. The search function here is not very functional in any forum searches I have ever tried. Maybe I am doing...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The Science of Mandolins

http://www.thehulltruth.com/attachments/dockside-chat/307316d1361901371-helicopter-pilot-saves-rc-plane-bon-fire-gasoline.jpg
  21. Replies
    Views

New Tenor Owner *with a video!

Hey all,
    I recently picked up the 1935 Gibson TG00 from the ads here. I had been looking for one for some time & had played quite a few, including some vintage Martins & a couple old Gibsons. None...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Sorry. Just can't help myself sometime.

What is it with all of the blingy appointments, lol?
  23. Re: Kimble F Mandolin Lost in Los Angeles, February 15, 2016

Great news! The mandolin was found today about a half mile from the owner's departure location in Santa Monica. It was run over. Thank goodness to the Calton case, the instrument was unharmed. Thank...
  24. Replies
    Views

Archtop Tenor Build Complete

Been working on this one off and on for 11 mnonths.. Finally done, sounds not too bad, probably a bit over built but hopefully will open up a bit more over time.

Kerry

25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

Here is a short video! I've been able to find some consistency in tone by using engelmann spruce. This one is very similar in sound to my #3, but maybe a little more punchy. I have the action set...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4