Search:

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Hallelujah

by Colin Botts
    Replies
    Views

Hallelujah

Yes, I know, this song has been done, redone, used, and abused, and I should have left it alone. However, I decided maybe there was a little room left in the world for a solo mandolin instrumental....
  2. Re: What are the chances that a moderately-priced mandolin sounds

If you can find an older Kentucky (2008 to 2013 or so KM900, 1000, 1500), you will have a good chance of it sounding great. You hardly ever see those come up for sale.

The other part of the...
  3. Re: Sierra Ferrell: lots of mandolin content

Here's the CBS interview with Sierra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqc6_n_lgvE&t=336s

lqc6_n_lgvE
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Academy (Baron Collins-Hill)

Ya, Steve. Me as well. The MandolinLessons Academy is the one I am involved with. It is going so well. Lots of feedback for our posts on song of the month videos. It is both encouraging and gives me...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Academy (Baron Collins-Hill)

I signed up, because I love how he teaches individual tunes, and I blew through the course: It was mostly superfluous for me, but I did pick up some pearls, particularly in “The Vault” section. I’m...
  6. Sierra Ferrell: lots of mandolin content

She's amazing and so is her band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHoixofvso

spHoixofvso
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What is the "Allure" of The Gibson Snakehead?

I think that is the accepted wisdom, and knowing the Gibson Company, it makes perfect sense. Loar left Gibson because the big prject to restimulate the market -- the F5 -- didn't go over with...
  8. Replies
    Views

Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

It took a good long while and more wheeling and dealing (and spousal apologizing) than I've ever done, but I've managed to put together a full Lyon & Healy Quartet.

All are player grade - the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

I like my old hat ,Red and Blue .
  10. Replies
    Views

My engraving process

Hi everyone,

It looks like I joined back in 2016 but never posted.

I recently discovered the baroque mandolino and it’s fascinating music, so I have been lurking around here recently. I don’t...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin case for a Martin Style C mandolin

Not far, as there was not enough interest for the minimum amount of cases that I would have to order.
  12. Re: Mandolin case for a Martin Style C mandolin

First things first, hang on to that case if it actually fits this mandolin. These cases do come up for sale now and again but they are rare. The last one I recall was several years ago and the person...
  13. Mandolin case for a Martin Style C mandolin

I’m trying to locate a mandolin case that will fits my 1919 Martin Style C mandolin in excellent condition. I have the old mandolin case. However, I want to protect this beautiful old Martin Style...
  14. Replies
    Views

Rare find at Etsy

$600
    I can’t supply a link
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

HI Folks! This pretty little tune was written for the accordian, and I could not figure out the the chords on the 6-string. Annd I'm probably using the wrong chords here, but.... Thanks for the...
  16. Thread: Glen Duncan

by Astocek
    Replies
    Views

Glen Duncan

I've been thinking about Glen Duncan since hearing about his accident. The Mandolin Store raffle is a great way to support him.

Here's a cool video of Chris Henry interviewing Glen. I am sure...
  17. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: The Ecstasy of Gold

This is one I'd been eyeing for a while for a possible solo mandolin arrangement. I finally sat down and put something together this week. I worked it all out on my Gibson A-4, but at the last...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Gibson mandola nerdfest

The sibling mandola:
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Gibson mandola nerdfest

The top and headstock complete with inlaid Handel buttons:
  20. Replies
    Views

Vintage Gibson mandola nerdfest

I had a nice visit from a quartet of mandolas today. Here are a couple of 100+ year old Gibsons: beautiful closet queens with all of the right goods, & pristine cases that sounded and played great! ...
  21. Gibson Paddlehead with a Narrow Nut?

I bought a 1910 Gibson A from the classified recently, thinking all paddleheads were built with a 1-3/6” nut width. As soon as I opened the case, I could see that this one had a narrow nut. 1-1/8”...
  22. Re: Developing New Old Time Show called Appalachian String Inn

The last Tuesday of every month. We have a screen for the host and musicians to see peoples comments. I would like it to be as interactive with the viewers as possible. Most people watch and play...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Here's a favorite Hank Williams' tune of mine. Thanks for the Listen! :mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnusS5TkIVE
  24. Re: Steve Morse, Rob Wasserman, David Grisman 1985 Merv Griffin S

i liked it. seemed like all three had a good time and enjoyed the experience, and it showed the excellence of all three players.

none the less, these guys were top shelf.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Monel Strings with a wrap?

Those are Thomastik-Infeld 154 Precision Mandolin Strings - .010-.033 Medium's. The lights have yellow thread wrap.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4