Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Convince me of the value of strict DUDU picking?

Oh, that's what it was all about?

You should have told us from the start, because this has nothing to do with what I imagined.

I think in this case the short answer is: In the context of...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatwounds HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE THEM?

Much much longer, but it depends a lot on what you want to hear: PB's are louder and brighter, especially when new. So... if you want to hear new sounding PB's there is no substitute for a new set. ...
  3. Re: Has anyone heard about a crazy mandolinist named Frank Wakefi

Agree. I believe that Frank will be 90 next Summer. There's a lot of joy in all three players in the recent video I posted above. No doubt that TT and Michael are enjoying showing Frank what they can...
  4. Re: Has anyone heard about a crazy mandolinist named Frank Wakefi

Here's a new recording that even the old time Frank Wakefield fans may not have seen yet. Just shared in the last few days after a visit from Michael Daves and Tony Trischka.

5. Re: Has anyone heard about a crazy mandolinist named Frank Wakefi

I met Frank a couple of times, about 1977 when his Loar was in its “Red” period and a second about ‘99 (?)when he played my Alvarez in “Get Up John” tuning at a saloon here in Kalamazoo. I bid him a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson launches Certified Vintage Program

Olaf, because it wasn’t posted on April Fool’s day ;)
  7. Thread: Amusing story

by Br1ck
    Replies
    Views

Amusing story

About two years ago, a young Afghani family bought the house next door. Haven't really had much contact with them as I have shrubs growing clear to the street. Figured they just wanted to keep to...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Instruments, Cost & the Placebo Effect

I'm slightly confused. Which is the placebo -- the inexpensive mandolin or the more expensive mandolin?

Now, a true placebo effect would be if your brown paper bag sounds as good as a mandolin,...