Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: What’s the nicest mandolin you’ve ever seen?

I'm not sure this mandolin is the necessarily the nicest mandolin I've seen, but it has the most meaning. I attended a class in Nashville held by Butch Baldassari. I had just bought a Stiver from...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Well someone is going to get a STEAL

I believed Spencer built that for a lady here in Michigan about 10, 12 years ago. She passed away a few years ago and I never heard what happened to the mandolin. I played it a number of times when...
  3. Replies
    Views

A list for first time builders

A few years ago I attempted to build a mandolin, no experience, no tools and no knowledge. It made a wonderful clock for my shop wall. Once again I am in the process of building my first mandolin....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Harder to sell, easier to find mandolins

Although I don't get to play them, I get to see lots of mandolins that I normally wouldn't see. Sometimes it's nice to just look, read and learn about them. I also think the retailer listings help...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: CAD/CNC question: anyone using ASPIRE?

I'm working on my first mandolin using a cnc and Aspire. I used a probe and digitized the top and back to create the program. I'm not good enough to design in 3d using any program. Using the probe...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What was under YOUR tree this Christmas?

A new key chain, but I had to make it myself.163446
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Fun with Old Vinyl...

I'm having fun with vinyl
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Dream, Dream, Dream...so what's your list?

I passed on all the expensive mandolins on my list. I bought a Kentucky KM-1050 and retired.
  9. Re: Caption Contest - Win a free Mandolin Cafe ball cap

Tune this thing, PLEASE!!!!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Black walnut dred.

11. Replies
    Views

Re: Show us your jig? Bindings

This is the cheap home built version of the arm Thistle is using
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Stiver Model F Purchase?

If you change strings try some GHS Silk and Steel. I played a Stiver for about 12 years. They were by far the best sounding strings on it and were pretty easy on the fingers. I sold the Stiver and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Hobby builders where do you sell?

I've been learning to build guitars. 7 of the 10 I have built I donated to Cystic Fibrosis events, raffles, auctions etc. I get a tax credit that helps cover my cost, I can keep building and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: How has the mandolin changed your life?

It's left me broke, with a worn out car and happy about it!
  15. Re: Huck Finn Jubilee 2013 Ontario: Mandos and Festival notes

It was my first trip to the west. What a great time. I did get to meet Bruce and Steve, (Nice mandolins). I was impressed. The festival was great, the folks there treated us beyond expectation. I...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Dempsey Youngs Hutto

I had the pleasure of running sound for L&F with Dempsey playing his Hutto, Dearstone and Gibson, also with Scott in the band and earlier this year for Darrel Webb. I have heard and mic'd a few...