Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: The new Nickel Creek Album

This came up in my feed today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0Da0-cZuA
  2. Re: Recommendations: Best European festivals?

Hey!

While my participation in the festival scene is rather limited, I strongly recommend the French festival in La Roche: (http://www.larochebluegrass.org/).
    The European World Of Bluegrass...
  3. Re: Recommendations: Best European festivals?

It would help if you had a timeframe for when you will visit Europe.

To check the Brits go to https://britishbluegrass.org/ which will give you an overview about the british bluegrass situation.
  4. Re: Recommendations: Best European festivals?

This is a list that I partly compiled in 2009 or so. I think that some festivals may not exist any more. You have to google them. Covid has upset the applecart somewhat. I have made notes in brackets...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommendations: Best European festivals?

These come to mind instantly, must be more, also in UK and Ireland, but don't know about them.

https://ewob.eu/ewob/

https://grevengrass.de/nl/grevengrass-nl/
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Adiaha's Bluegrass Camp

I attended a 4 day wokshop with Radim Zenkl in 2013 and he is a wonderful teacher and nice guy. He is very systematic and was well prepared. The level of the class was ranging from beginner to...
  7. Replies
    Views

I am glad to have been of help.

Bluegrass in Germany has to do with Germany´s history (as western Germany had the three western allied forces stationed in different parts of the country and...
  8. Replies
    Views

Here´s some feedback.

I have attended Adiaha´s Camp pre pandemic (once). I live a couple of miles/kilometers down the road, so I didn´t stay at the hotel.

I know many regular attendees...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Where to buy a mandolin in Paris?

I used to check the R F Charle website every so often and, one day, found it had changed to Cassanova - I suspect they simply sold out.
  10. Re: Where to buy a mandolin in Paris?

Interestingly enough RF Charles has become Galerie Casanova. So M. Charles has been last active (on facebook) in 2020. Is there any information, if he just retired (presumably) or what became of him?...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Where to buy a mandolin in Paris?

Charle ... R/

https://www.vintageandrare.com/dealer/R-F-CHARLE-277
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Punch Brothers "Hell on Church Street"

They are playing it in 5/4 time. There's a live video where Thile counts it off in 5. Live video and discussion here....
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Peace by Sarah Jarosz

My setup is pretty low-tech. I record audio in GarageBand on my iPad with a Samson goMic ($35 at Staples), then do some very basic mixing in GarageBand on my computer. I'm really early on the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Quick follow-up ... I noticed today while watching Sarah's performance that in measures 19 and 51 she doesn't keep the 2nd fret barre and use the 2nd string, 7th fret to get the E. She actually lifts...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: New Chris Thile album

I respect what Chris Thile has done with his talents, both in developing his gift, and supporting other musicians. He got a nice kick in the teeth at the start of the pandemic when Live From Here...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Chris Thile album

It's really nice and refreshing to read a discussion of music on the internet that is respectful of different folks personal tastes and opinions! I've yet to listen to the full album yet, but having...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Sarah Jarosz on Austin City Limits

It was a livestream of the ACL taping. Guess it didn't stay up very long.

Pickathon does the same thing - puts up each entire day's worth of performances for a few days then takes them down.
  18. Replies
    Views

I was listening to this song today and decided to do a full transcription in both standard notation (which I find easier to read) and tab. The recorded versions differ (minorly) in different spots,...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave mandolin less-expensive choices

Over the last six or so years, including the ones I lost in a house fire a few years ago, I have personally owned three Eastman mandolins, one guitar, two mandocellos, two mandolas, and an octave...
  20. Replies
    Views

I purchased an APC last summer from Moloney Music in Ireland. It was a very nice instrument, but after a few months I realized it wasn't for me. I didn't like the scale length (21-1/2") so I sold...
  21. Replies
    Views

Gives it a much fuller sound, way more bass. Gave it some authority. I’ve tried the ‘blue’ EJ72 lights and the ‘orange’ EJ76 mediums. The 76’s definitely gave it a fuller sound but the difference...
  22. Replies
    Views

Does that work? Why do it?
  23. Replies
    Views

2 kinds of 'octaves'..

Long Scale octaves are Irish Zouks .. (they fit in a Banjo case) light , long strings ..

the other type will have have heavier strings and a Shorter scale ..
  24. Replies
    Views

My youngest son bought a Trinity College last year, and it’s a very nice Octave mandolin. We also tried a Gold Tone but were both very underwhelmed with it.
  25. Replies
    Views

Eastman MDO 305, get a set of mandola strings with it. Elderly has one on the way. Have them hold it for you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3