Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Tap tuning

by sunburst
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tap tuning

No sophisticated measurements of stiffness, just judgement and experience. I weigh tops and backs and try to get a good relationship of weight and stiffness to gauge how to carve the top and back for...
  2. A Great, but Really Sad Song, With Some Good Mandolin Playing

I ran across this tune web-surfing. I know different things affect people differently, so you may not agree, but I think this is the saddest song I've ever heard. The background story below is from...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: planxtys The Blacksmith

I wrote out that tab for the blacksmith a while back. Sorry if it's a bit sketchy, I wrote it as I play it on the GDAD bouzouki. With a tune like that, it's almost impossible to tab it right with...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds for mandolin

I don't remember if I had learned it from tab or not. I did create one for my students that I think should be attached in this reply as a . Let me know if you like it.
  5. Re: Mandolin & accordion from the Isle of Lewis

Silly me! I had not uploaded the mp3 properly to the site here, so no file to link to! No wonder the tune just buffered, and no fault of the Lewis internet connection nor the Edinburgh one, D and K....
  6. Replies
    Views

Mandolin & accordion from the Isle of Lewis

I was recently sent (from the Outer Hebrides of Scotland) a copy of this terrific video featuring my good friends mandolinist Donnie and his father, accordionist and gaelic singer Murdo MacDonald. I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin #3 The Celtic

All the credit goes to Peter Coombe.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin #3 The Celtic

This may help you both.
    http://www.petercoombe.com/Soundhole_trim.htm