Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: '23 Gibson A2

Please don't modify a 1923 mandolin. You are only the short term caretaker of this 97 year old.

There are 1000s of other mandolins available with the neck profile you desire.
  2. WHISKEY BEFORE BREAKFAST...chord melody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762hSQJSJWA
  3. Re: New Gibson Bill Monroe Hall Of Fame Model?

Ok I just talked with David Harvey and he sent me some emails, the back is about spot on as he sent me a Monroe photo as well as a comparison. Pretty close and I stand corrected!
  4. Replies
    Views

Got me a Gold Rush.

Looks like it might fit in fine. 174253

Thanks for looking.. :grin:
  5. Neat 1904 Gibson A4 with some nice Handel Tuner photos

I've been traveling around shooting instruments at festivals and camps, and since there is a lot of love for early Gibsons around here, I wanted to share this
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson taps JC Curleigh as new CEO

Maybe they will start making banjos again. Hey, it's a growth category for them now!!!
  7. Replies
    Views

I am a father of four. This month I put a Deering Banjo in my 11 year old's hands and bought him lessons. The next week I put a big muddy flat top in my 6 year old's hands and bought him lessons....
  8. Replies
    Views

Michael, you made me feel old as I didn't get the Sesame Street reference, but then it occurred to me that kids who grew up with Sesame Street are well into middle-age by now! (I can always look it...
  9. Replies
    Views

I have owned and currently own 3 Gibson instruments
    Although I can't afford a new one or in fact many vintage ones either, I still have a spot in my heart for Gibson

In guitars a Martin sounds...
  10. Re: Guitar-maker Gibson Brands files for bankruptcy

I don't know where you get this from but the quality of Gibson mandolins from the Bozeman era to the current David Harvey era has been attested to as ranging from very good to excellent; and the...
  11. Re: Guitar-maker Gibson Brands files for bankruptcy

GM as an example of a bailout and Chapter 11...........people are still driving new Chevys, Buicks and Cadillacs......

I predict Gibson name will still be on instruments for years to come.....