Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Which mandolin should I buy?

It’s on its way since it was used it needed to be setup to my preference. So it’s currently with Tyler but will be with me very soon he’s also upgraded it to be on par with the current mandolins he’s...
  2. Replies
    Views

yep that did it thanks. I’m still learning how to use all these features on the site. thanks for the help
  3. Replies
    Views

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s my new mandolin. It’s a White mandolin by Tyler White
  4. I知 so sorry (for the thread what mando should I not buy)

Well brothers and sisters of the Cafe. I just wanted to sincerely apologize to you for my noob mistake in posting that last thread. I知 not to big to admit I was in the wrong to post that. It痴 my...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Would appreciate some opinions please.

Correct they are prices for F models as that’s all I’m interested in. That’s why I asked what brands he may have already been interested in cause if the op wrote off Collings and Gibson and anything...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Would appreciate some opinions please.

It depends on what sound you池e going for. But my recommendations would be these in no particular order.

For a custom made mandolin:
    1. Tyler White, of White mandolins. Pinehouse guitars is the...
  7. Re: Another good reason to own more than one mando - string compa

I love the monel sound but with my skins chemistry they just don’t last. Really nothing lasts me more than a week except elixirs.
    But you know what you like and what you want your mandolins to...
  8. Re: Another good reason to own more than one mando - string compa

I’m in the same boat brother I’m actually in the process of buying my 3rd mandolin but it will be my first custom made one if everything works out with the builder. Trust me it’s definitely worth it...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: A mandolin/violin relative price story

So true I’m not a violinist, but my wife is and I know the cost of maintaining the things are more than all of my instruments combined. I don’t see mandolins as expensive any more when a new mando...
  10. Re: Another good reason to own more than one mando - string compa

There’s no such thing as to many instruments. And if your going to be in the dog house might as well fill it with things you’ll enjoy during your stay:)). As for strings I use 3 different brands just...
  11. Replies
    Views

Well I do have time frames from all the custom builders I’ve asked. They have been anywhere from 3 months to 2 years for completion of a mandolin. (Everyone has said that except Skip Kelley I’ll have...
  12. Replies
    Views

Just a quick update. The trip to Lowe Vintage was great! Met some great people and was treated very nice by Will and his father Ed Lowe. Played everything in the store banjos dobros guitars and of...