Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Rubner tuners on Eastman MD305?

I'd surely try the first steps sblock recommends before investing in any new hardware. I don't think the StewMac Econo or Golden Gate tuners would be a step up; the stock Eastman tuners are virtually...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Larkin Poe

She did pick up the mandolin briefly in one of their recent "live from home" shows, alas I can't find it now. I too wish she would play it more, she's extremely good!

Thanks for the heads-up on...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: MidMo at Shopgoodwill

And Sue, I saw the pics of yours on Jake's blog and was very envious!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: MidMo at Shopgoodwill

Jim and Sue, thanks for your thoughts! Jim, there was nothing under the paper except more paper -- no damage to the back at all (except stains from the Scotch tape). As Alfons noted, the treble...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar player learning mandolin

Kim, if you can find a luthier/repair person who knows mandolins, a good setup might help a lot. A stiff first fret suggests the nut slots might need to be tweaked, and chances are the overall action...
  6. Old Wave Octave at Nashville Guitar Center

Stumbled upon during Black Friday surfing.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-1998-Old-Wave-The-Big-Snapper-Octave-Sunburst-Mandolin.gc
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Breedlove AM OF

Do you have a mandolin-playing friend you can bring along? For a first mandolin, I don't think you can go far wrong with a Breedlove in terms of build quality, playability, and sound -- and if, as...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Reasons to avoid jamming

Actually, that's a legit reason.
  9. Re: This weeks mandolin that won't get a bid or buyer

Those show up on eBay about every 17 years or so.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Where's Jill these days?

I've also missed Jill very much. Her posts always showed such a kind and encouraging spirit, and her playing is an inspiration to me.