Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Why play Mandolin?

Interesting to see this thread pop up after so many years. My brief response to the thread was the second in a line of ever increasing interesting comments. At 82 it occurs that many more...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: who uses or has used an "Ergo play"?

There is a cushion called a Flanger which I use on classical guitar.
  3. Re: Am I missing the "point" about the Dawg-type picks?

Long time Golden Gate user. Pointy picks seem a more staccato tone to me, rounded have a more smooth and legato attack. Thought I could inter change with Dawg but for some reason couldn't. One of...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: UPS Nightmare

I shipped my skis home to Michigan after a ski trip in Colorado because I was going to drive on further west. I stopped at a shipper in Denver. UPS admitted they picked up the skis, and lost the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: My Accident.

I can sure feel what you are going through right now. I had a left shoulder implant and it sure wasn't a walk in the park. It does pass so keep the faith. I'm back to playing classical guitar and...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What is it about recording????

I'm still putting my finger on the vinyl for my slow down program and you want me to learn multitrack recording tecnniques!:disbelief:
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Who's The Oldest?

Someone here is holding out on us, but I'm glad to hear a 76. I'm 75 and counting every day as another opportunity to enjoy playing music and trying to learn some new stuff. Currently enjoying...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Resolution

:))After studying a little in the archives on Mandola and the Alto clef I think I may go with Bertram's suggestion after all.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Resolution

Start working with my Mandola reading on my new Collings that has only been strummed occasionally in the last year. Spend less time reading books and more time playing music. Work on getting more...
  10. Re: Things this forum has done for you in ways you didn't expect!

While I was being partly facetious with my first post, it is true that I find out all the time how little I know about mandolin. It would be just impossible to list the things I have gained on this...
  11. Re: Things this forum has done for you in ways you didn't expect!

When I joined I didn't know anything about mandolin. I still don't know anything about mandolin but now I know I don't know.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording music on the internet.

Apology in order to Old Sausage, I typed that off in haste on the way to vote, not the best time to post on the net. I did take it the way you meant originally but there is something about that word...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Tools for writing in standard notation?

I use Finale because I like to be able to hear what I have notated as I go. Sometimes I work things out on manuscript first esp to get the time signature and possible lead in measures and such. I...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: I still don`t believe it...

When you start to talk about fifths in terms of drinking you can truly describe me as one of those "down to earth" fellas.:)) :)) One thing that bothers me about some of these discussions is how...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Outlanders

Visited Scotland, the Highlands and the Isle of Skye six or seven years ago. Really beautiful. Hope to do another trip some day. September I visited the North western area of Ireland. Thanks for...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Submit a caption for this photo

Comes standard with 8 switches and a clapper.
  17. Re: When You Find Yourself In Times Of Trouble ...

Thanks for the Heather Nova tip, hadn't heard of her and I will look her up. I had a similar experience with a co-worker and carried it with me for a number of years. One day I saw him in front of...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Gordon Lightfoot (no mandolin content)

I was lucky enough to see him at his best at Lansing Civic, and later slipping badly at Pine Knob. I still say more power to him. One of the best story tellers ever. Anyone who can write the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Long Strange Trip

Any trip that ends with ordering a custom from Tom Ellis sounds like a good trip to me.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Spring is here

Just got back from a couple of weeks in Florida and N. Carolina. My Florida friends tell me you can tell the Michigan people because they are the only ones wearing shorts. Sixty degrees works for...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: 2 point mandolins-a few questions

Every time I convince myself to downsize on instruments and just have one each of what I am really using I stumble across a thread like this. The Davidson and the Old Wave oval set me all the way...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Music with a purpose?

Always fascinates me how similar some of these responses are in threads like this, and how different people can appear in their descriptions, from how responses on other threads can make them appear....
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Pete Seeger

I heard him at a union hall during a presentation on Labor Union history when I was 18 years old and had no clue about the significance of the moment and the significance of the values Pete based his...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Is there an economist in the house?

The winds blow both right and left from blowhards.
  25. Re: Do you care what happens to your instrument(s) once you're go

Jeff's picture idea should become a law like the mattress tag. You have to include a picture in the case whenever the mandolin is sold. I would love to see the pictures of the people who owned my...
Page 1 of 2 1 2