Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

The Gibson Factory in Kalamazoo

I just happened across this brief youtube video thanks to their autosuggestion function. It's only a couple of years old and includes some interesting information. For one thing, it mentions plans by...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What Does This Mean?

Fixed it. It was in Chrome settings all along. I found a button that said "dismiss warning" - dismissed. Done and dusted. Whew!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: I have an old

The last two digits of my serial numbers signify the year while the first three relate to the number of the instrument.
    So your mandolin is the 46th mandolin I have built and it was completed in...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: The Dewey Murphy Loar Mandolin Project

Tony is a fantastic picker and everyone should look up Jerry’s mandolin album on YouTube. Jerry is a great picker.
    The Murphy brothers played a lot in NC where I’m from. I love this story.
    Harry...
  5. Replies
    Views

The Dewey Murphy Loar Mandolin Project

This mandolin was featured in the "Sometimes a case tells a story" article recently.

hSCJPC5LrYo
  6. Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

You did the right thing by notifying the vendor of their mistake. If it turns out you get to keep it somehow great but if not enjoy the new F5S.
  7. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 25: The King's Shilling

I've started adding in monster arpeggios in my playing after learning the last phrase of this song! So simple but executed so well. Free sheet...
  8. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Thanks Adam! It's a Nugget A style that was a contest prize for the Winfield mandolin championship in 1987. It was won by legendary mandolin player David Peters and he played the snot out of it. It's...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cafe Milestones

Post 1,500:

I joined the Cafe in Nov. 2015 when I got back into playing Mandolin as something to keep me busy while at home after our 2nd daughter's birth in October of that year.... little did I...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

I had a quiet moment today. I grabed my guitar and in the spirit of the moment recordet what I was feeling and thinking about:
    on earth peace, goodwill toward men

I´ve been thinking about folks...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Christmas Wish List

I have a gig tomorrow at an art gallery. Playing with friends, banjo, dulcimer, guitar, penny whistle, bones. We are doing Christmas carols interspersed with great fiddle tunes.

Easy gig as we are...
  12. Replies
    Views

Carols from the world for two Mandolins

Carols: We Wish You a Merry Christmas 00:00; The First Noel 00:26; Stille Nacht 01:12; O Little Town Of Bethlehem 01:50; Narodil se Kristus Pan 02:27; Good King Wenceslas 02:59; Ding! Dong! 03:21;...
  13. Replies
    Views

Greensleeves (What Child Is This?)

I've always loved the tune Greensleeves, and especially enjoy playing it as we approach the Christmas holiday season. Here's my solo version of the tune played on a spectacular Weber Gallatin F...
  14. Thread: Michael Heiden

by tbaum
    Replies
    Views

Michael Heiden

After floundering around for a few years, I dipped into savings and bought a custom mandolin from Michael Heiden in 2017. Other specialty builders had wait times of at least a year, and he told me...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Timelapse of building the body of a Brescian/Cremonese mandolin:
    dB-r5-VVvS8
  16. Re: Stolen Mandolin - Pava A5 in Lafayette, LA

GREAT NEWS! Silas' mandolin has been recovered in Lafayette. It is now there with friends and Silas will have it back very soon. Thank you so much for your help everyone!
  17. Re: Who Is This Guy Playing with Darrell Webb?

I appreciate someone that is that good but still has a desire to keep his family fed. I wish him the best in his endeavors.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is the female back up singer?

That is absolutely one of my favorite albums to listen to straight through. As above, the liner notes show both sisters on vocals and that song is wonderfully done.
  19. Replies
    Views

Daddy Buck White sings and plays mandolin with them. Sharon is married to Ricky Skaggs.
  20. Replies
    Views

Both Cheryl and Sharon, per the LP back cover.209916
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Why is bluegrass played so fast?

Some of us only play it half-fast.
  22. Replies
    Views

Super Monroe Ebenezer Scrooge video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Cs2eis4Gw

Discovered this a while back and it's just so cool that I wanted to make sure others had seen it. Uploaded by Butch Robins. Really shows the continuous...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Meeting MC forum members

Been a long time since I’ve seen him posting around here, I always enjoyed his contributions.
  24. Thread: Ability to Jam

by mbruno
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ability to Jam

I've been playing mandolin for maybe 20 years now (G sus that's a long time) - but I just started playing resonator / dobro (just saying dobro going forward) due to some left hand issues (thankfully...
  25. Replies
    Views

MerleFest Mando Mania

Chris Henry posted this on Facebutt. CJ Lewindowski, Mike Compton, Tony Williamson, Sam Bush, Chris Henry, Wyatt Ellis. Mighty fine.

https://www.facebook.com/1241456640/videos/946420773473447/
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4