Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

In fairness, I think she was being specific about the sustain.

I think it sounds very good, so far I'm glad I jumped on the initial offer.
  2. Re: Light touch on fretting hand but not light on picking hand?

Nate Lee has a good video on this. Skip to about 2:30 to get straight to the good stuff.

https://youtu.be/eNoGsYdlGkQ?si=1Q13LfqQDs2JeRy2
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The After life of trees

The Tree
    "The sawn board we buy for mere money is a cut of life, itself; a thin slice from a great tree that creaked in the wind, and whose branches birds and squirrels made their small lives, a...
  4. Re: Best Source for tabs to some of Adam Steffey's interpretation

I think SoundSlice is an underrated site, and you're providing an incredibly valuable service. It's very much appreciated!
  5. Re: Best Source for tabs to some of Adam Steffey's interpretation

Are you familiar with a website called SoundSlice? There's a fellow on there who is posting (what look to me to be) very good transcriptions of Steffey's playing.
  6. Re: Embarassing Question - Which Mandolin to Bring to Jam?

I'm a new-ish player getting to jam much more these days. One thing that's helped me is reminding myself that most of us are way more busy thinking about ourselves than other people.

And then it...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Illustrated Mandolin Chord Bible

I had the same trouble. The graphic is aligned with the photo, but I couldn't figure out where the nut was either.

A suggestion: the fretboard graphic looks like it's presented as if the viewer is...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Picking Fiddle Tunes?

Isn't it as simple as the fact that the tunes in question were originally composed/recorded/written/passed down for the fiddle, by fiddle players?
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Time to move up from my Eastman MD515

Buying well-known and well-regarded brands does come with benefits beyond the quality of the instrument. With either a Collings or Northfield you might be able to get a seller to agree to a 48-hour...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: New case for a F2?

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I was worried about. I think there's a Gator case with a movable neck rest. Not a hard case but seems to be the next best thing.
  11. Replies
    Views

For ME (and probably no one else, and in no...

For ME (and probably no one else, and in no particular order):

1. Raw Hide
    2. All the Good Times are Past and Gone
    3. Molly & Tenbrooks
    4. Blue Grass Breakdown
    5. The Old Home Place
    6. Roanoke