Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Richard Thompson Mandolin TAB

A lot of these ABC transcriptions found online have issues, including this one. At least, here it is fairly obvious how to correct the score for the misplaced anacrusis as well as for the missing...
  2. Replies
    Views

Intriguing tune. I've been exploring his (much) earlier work with Fairport Convention for the last couple of months, but not listened to much of his more recent work since the mid-to-late 1990s. It...
  3. Replies
    Views

I was just looking at the transcription you posted above, Martin, and notice that the last bar for some reason includes the F# and A# quavers which appear before the first bar as an anacrusis. ...
  4. Replies
    Views

That makes sense, thanks! :mandosmiley:
  5. Replies
    Views

Yes, it clearly is a transcription error. I think the intention is that the rhythm in that bar is the same as in the equivalent bar in the A part, in which case the first of those two eighth notes...
  6. Replies
    Views

In both of those, in the third bar from the end, there's only two and a half beats. :confused: I think it's a transcription error/typo. Magnified views:

After a casual...
  7. Replies
    Views

By chance, Richard Thompson was interviewed on CBC today:

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-50-q/clip/15840901-english-folk-legend-richard-thompson-shares-story-memoir
  8. Replies
    Views

With tab
  9. Replies
    Views

There's an ABC transcription at John Chambers' site. I attach the standard notation. If you need tab, you can import the ABC below into TablEdit or similar:

X: 1
    T:Do It For My Sake
    M:3/4...
  10. Replies
    Views

That is one *great* tune I don't think I've ever seen mentioned in this space. Used to play it long ago with a friend. Need to go listen to it now. Thanks for bringing it up.