Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Wd-40

by Elliot Luber
    Replies
    Views

Re: Wd-40

If Bill came to my room to tell me to spray WD-40 on my strings, I would be concerned with using too many other chemicals.
  2. Replies
    Views

The Pagan Recorded

I've been mandolinless for about a month now, having given my brother my last build to take to the UK to live and lent my personal mandolin (The Pagan) to a musician (yes a proper one) friend to do...
  3. Thread: I hate snow

by DataNick
    Replies
    Views

Re: I hate snow

That's one of the reasons (hot babes, endless entertainment options, etc) we live in SoCal, huh Vic?

But y'all are welcome to come on out and party!
  4. Thread: back back back

by Astro
    Replies
    Views

Re: back back back

I've kept the hair-do as best I could. The costume has gotten tough to fit into these last few years but it certainly clears the line out for me at the grocery store.
  5. Replies
    Views

I hope things are picking up for you too Vic. We were all thinking about you in Santa Clarita - we'll meet next time I'm over for sure.
  6. Thread: back back back

by Astro
    Replies
    Views

Welcome back ShortyMac.

Real life only gets you so far.
  7. Thread: back back back

by Astro
    Replies
    Views

No problem. I sometimes blur together in my mind too.

I've been running low on regular funny and the mods keep censoring my best posts so I put all the good stuff over in the accordion and banjo...
  8. Replies
    Views

Yeah, I am with OS. I think I have you, Astro, and at least one other guy blurred together in my mind. I guess I just thought that Astro wasn't as funny as usual for the last few months. Oh well....
  9. Replies
    Views

Vic,

Serious business, I was about to email you to find out if you were OK. I know life has been challenging lately; my best to you and your family, and let's plan on meetin up at Temecula in...
  10. Replies
    Views

It's funny, I thought you'd still been posting all this time. I guess there are some other guys who look a bit like you and confuse me.

Anyway, welcome back.
  11. Re: Blackheathen world starvation and mandolin tour 2013.

1 pint = a good beginning.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: The winner of the Collings MT2 Giveaway

Sigh. This is not about free multi-thousand dollar items. "Nigel", is that you?

bratsche
  13. Replies
    Views

That is not the point, and I find myself in agreement. Personally, I did not think I would win, but I would hope the winning results were good. But the humor was crude and not well thought out, nor...
  14. Replies
    Views

Hobo, I think you're not alone at all in your reaction. I've been hesitant to critique too much, as I don't want to be labeled a "sore loser", which I'm not, but I will say that when my husband...
  15. Replies
    Views

Sorry, I don't think "Lick My Love Pump" used in a description. Or, "PluckN A" as a suggested name are appropriate, let alone winners. It is has nothing to do with a sense of humor. Suggesting that...
  16. Replies
    Views

I have no problem with the winning entry. It is clever and perfectly rather nice -- but, not great. Congratulations to the winner and certainly enjoy your awesome mandolin for many years to come!
  17. Replies
    Views

I don't get why this was even considered:
    "Nigel Tufnel - Nigel was really influenced by Bach and wrote a trilogy in Dm, the saddest of keys called Lick My Love Pump. This Mando would kick ass which...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this a Loar not documented?

My firm belief in humanity's badness remains untouched.
  19. Re: Chris Thile - Bach: Sonatas & Partitas 1

About 60 people, myself included, were treated to a Chris Thile Bach rehearsal/mini concert in Tompkins Square Park today around 4:00 p.m. I'm in town with my family after picking up our daughter at...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Why is Fast, Fast and Faster Better ?

As usual, there are a wide range of opinionated posts. It really depends on the situation, style and players. My weekly jam is an open to everyone event and we accommodate all. A 70 year old...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: customer service

Customer service..
    In a nitshell... does not exist anymore except rarely.

Stew Mac is excellent. Lenox Saw Company, top notch.

Others who used to have excellent customer service but no...
  22. Replies
    Views

And the chains succeeded because folks could save a few cents over the family business and didn't think about the service until it was too late. 'The best price isn't always the best deal.'
  23. Replies
    Views

I've been in business for myself on several fronts (musician , recording studio , building trades , teacher etc.) and one of the first things I learned about providing good timely service is this ....
  24. Replies
    Views

I've been thinking about buying some specific audio equipment for some time. It's available at the local 'big-box' guitar store, and available on-line at approximately the same price. I just haven't...
  25. Replies
    Views

I have a banjo in for repair with a Boston area luthier. I brought it in in October and was told it should be done in mid January. I waited until February before starting periodic inquiries every...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3