Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Ashlee Andrew and Andrew Small(? Halsey mandolin) March 14, 2024

another thread showcased these musicians and i found this, lots of mandolin from the getgo-i have no idea if Andrew is playing the same mandolin or if it is a Halsey-gut check says it probably is....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Gender

Ever since the removal of the fretboard extension, mine's been confused.
  3. Replies
    Views

In most languages it is feminine.

In Spanish it's feminine - la mandolina
    In French it's feminine - la mandoline
    in German it's feminine - die mandoline
    in Dutch it's feminine
    In Russian it's...
  4. Replies
    Views

nope, nope, nope....

no genders or names, please!

(well, I guess Jeff Mando is OK...:cool:)
  5. Replies
    Views

Mine's an it. It's little, and its a Gibson Junior A, so its named Junior.
  6. Replies
    Views

Two things about this have always seemed fairly evident. First is that men frequently express affection for, dote on, and even caress objects that they possess such as instruments and vehicles, and...
  7. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

AI doesn't create. It's a plagiarism machine--it steals ideas from humans and regurgitates them in slightly different forms. Copyright lawsuits have already been filed by visual artists and...
  8. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

AI is a threat to all art and artists, and I've said as much in several posts on the Acoustic Guitar Forum.

Art is human expression. If one replaces the human with AI, what is left is mere...
  9. Re: Overcoming halted progress and frustration

I tend to move around difficult tunes by practising other, easier tunes in between. This gives me a chance to slowly ooze into the castle of challenge by using back doors I found on the easy detours...
  10. Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For March!

Since Ronnie McCoury month was so fun I decided to do another month of transcriptions for y'all.

I think I've been asked about Sierra Hull's solos on the Sturgill Simpson albums Cuttin' Grass more...
  11. Re: Could I leave mando in car in winter while skiing?

Space blankets provide almost no insulation. They reflect body heat, but that isn’t going to help your mandolin :)
  12. Re: Could I leave mando in car in winter while skiing?

This is the craziest thread I've read for a long time.

Why on earth would anyone want to go skiing when they have a mandolin to play?!

-what is wrong with people?! :(

It's like, can I stop...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

It's standard procedure only for people who lack imagination.

Mandolin pops up from time to time on "worship" recordings that definitely aren't bluegrass, so the excuse they've given you is crap....
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Stephen Owsley Smith Instruments

Not current information, but just came across this YouTube vid featuring one of SOS's most exemplary works from his glory days. I don't know the player or how he came into possession, but the video...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Quilted Maple Sky

And you shall!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: playing late and drinking

Well, the more you drink, the better I sound. However, the more I drink...
  17. Re: What are the chances that a moderately-priced mandolin sounds

A++?
    To me, I've heard maybe 5 or 10 mandolins that I would grade as A++, and none of them were moderately priced factory instruments (although some are rather old factory instruments that were...
  18. Replies
    Views

New Ian Coury video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PAPzXdmvM

Latest video from Ian Coury on 10 string Brazilian bandolim, recently recorded with his quartet at Berklee College of Music. I hope this gets him a...
  19. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

I think I've said it before, but I'm happy to hear that mandolin in the hands of someone who can do it justice. Being a Houston native, there has been a lot of discussion of where that mandolin...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: need advide on raising action

I do it the easy way, with no math required. I just turn the wheels until I get no fret buzz, and take whatever action height at the 12th fret that gives. Different players have different opinions...
  21. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 14: Count Me Out

Free sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/296745

qaFNH-t94sw
  22. Replies
    Views

Happy New Year! (Auld Lang Syne)

One last tune to ring in the new year. Hope you all have a great one! Cheers!

https://youtu.be/y6grKjTSgkE
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Love for Ovals

https://youtu.be/JMKVCkVqJYg?si=iKkuwkuL_PD0UxFm
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando (and why to quit callin it that...)g

I thought I was the only crank who didn’t like the term “mando”. It bothers me almost as much as “Gibby” for Gibson. An aside: I don’t live there but I have heard from residents of Philadelphia that...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Is anyone else scared of Bill Monroe?

Not the instrument silly...the blonde holding the instrument. Oh, sorry not a mandolin. That's a Marilyn:cool:

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4