Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: ArtistWorks for Old Folks

100% agree with this. With both Mike and Sierra you will get a lot of insightful, personalized feedback, it’s way more than “keep up the good work”. The one downside is you can expect to wait a bit,...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: ArtistWorks for Old Folks

I have taken both courses, and they are both good. I slightly prefer Sierra’s course for the reason you are apprehensive; some music theory. Learning about chord structure and arpeggios probably...
  3. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

I agree that AI will start with pop music, which is already quite formulaic. Û Can AI create improvisational music ?
  4. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

I think that is somewhat of an estimation. To properly calculate it you need a 4th order quadratic equation and Plank's Constant
  5. Thread: NMC, sort of

by DaveGinNJ
    Replies
    Views

Re: NMC, sort of

I sure they are using an algorithm to do that. The same happens on Reverb when you watch an item
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Book for Beginners

The Dom Julin book has a huge amount of info. Personally I found it overwhelming. I used Bert Casey’s book and found it way easier to follow. Of course his book is 100% bluegrass, so if that is...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: JBovier Mandolins

I don’t know if he is still having Bovier’s made. I bought a used Bovier a couple of years ago. I emailed Jeff and he gave me all sorts of info on it
  8. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

I question whether AI can surpass the musical genius of Beethoven, Thelonious Monk, or The Spice Girls
  9. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

That would explain why Keith Richard’s has been alive for centuries.
  10. Thread: Aged-tone?

by DaveGinNJ
    Replies
    Views

Re: Aged-tone?

I get my aged-tone from being old. I’m not torrified, just naturally old
  11. Thread: case goodies

by DaveGinNJ
    Replies
    Views

Re: case goodies

$45 for a Gibson. Who has that kind of coin?

That is a cool find
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Artistworks vs Peghead Nation

I am on the intermediate course on AW with Sierra now, and very happy with it. I have also encountered a few instances where the tab does match what she played. I mentioned this in one of my video...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Demonstrating a mandolin

They want you to imagine yourself playing awesome stuff on their mandolin. It’s the same reason commercials for SUVs show the car riding in rugged, cool, off-road places instead of the driver go to...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

Hoping for some new colors, possible?
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: stolen guitar back after 54 years

So is that 54 Canadian years? With the exchange rate that’s only 40 US years
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: playing late and drinking

Unless you are Keith Richard’s, you don’t play better hammered.
  17. Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

I am going to order a Rogue with hopes they send me a Gilchrist
  18. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

I’d be surprised if you could actually purchase one there. It certainly would be interesting to tour the factory
  19. Replies
    Views

My first oval hole

Had an itch to get something different. Nothing fancy, just an Eastman MD404 I found used on Reverb. I was immediately struck by how different it sounds from my 2 F-hole mandolins. Sorry for the...
  20. Thread: new trend?

by DaveGinNJ
    Replies
    Views

Re: new trend?

I plan to bury one of my old threads in a time capsule. That way people a 100 years from now will know it’s wrong to use a capo on a mandolin
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Using a capo with a mandolin?

Using a pick on an electric bass is far less egregious than using a capo on a mandolin. However, Using a pick on an upright bass is heresy.
  22. Replies
    Views

I am taking Sierra's course on ArtistWorks right now. I think I will ask her about the capo in my next video submission
  23. Replies
    Views

I used to love Sierra but now that I know she has used a capo she is dead to me:)
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Locking your mandolin case

I wouldn’t recommend locking it if you check it in. TSA may want to open the case and if locked they may break it
  25. Replies
    Views

Folks from from a good home with proper upbringing would never use a capo on a mandolin
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4