Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Review: The Iwamoto mandolin #118

Wow! If that sounds anything like it looks you’ve got a keeper!!
  2. Replies
    Views

That is a beautiful mandolin. Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Apollo picks -- another option for you

I've tried a couple of the Apollo picks and liked them a lot, though I much preferred the casein to the PEEK. I made a short video on guitar, but my impression of them on mandolin was much the same....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Apollo picks -- another option for you

Thanks for your kind words. I will follow this thread, but I'm not always much of a talker. I've been a member of MandolinCafe for about a decade, but I do a lot more reading than typing. I'd...
  5. Replies
    Views

Apollo picks -- another option for you

I noticed an add in the MCC a few weeks ago (Ad #162803; mandolin accessories section) and was attracted to the fact that they were made only about 100 miles from home and also on the company's web...
  6. Thread: Quint Mandolin

by PatLong
    Replies
    Views

Quint Mandolin

Hi everyone I am the newbie in your club!!

I am looking to buy a Quint Mandolin from Japan and I wonder if you have any clue on the artisan builder? I have been told buy the seller the...
  7. Replies
    Views

https://youtu.be/eRj3bp2nrH8
  8. Replies
    Views

Review: The Iwamoto mandolin #118

I contracted with Takeshi Iwamoto in February 2020 to build a mandolin for me.
    http://www.acousticworld.com/mandolin.html

I've been posting on the progress of the build process and you can check...
  9. Re: Introduction and my new to me Gibson Fern

Hi. Nice to meet you. What part of Tokyo are you in? I’m over in Zempukuji.
  10. Re: Introduction and my new to me Gibson Fern

Thanks for the tip. I had to look up Moon Stomp and found out it is just about 10 minutes from my house. I live in Suginami-ku too. I have heard of Iwamoto. One of the old guys here knows him. I...
  11. Re: Introduction and my new to me Gibson Fern

Welcome!
    Beautiful mandolin and a great story.
    Once Covid restrictions are lifted, check out the bluegrass jam at Moon Stomp in Tokyo hosted by Takeshi Iwamoto, mandolin player and builder.
    I just...
  12. Introduction and my new to me Gibson Fern

Hi guys. New user here just popping in to introduce myself and join the fun. I’m a player from rural TN, somewhere south of Nashville and north of Muscle Shoals, living in Tokyo for the last 15+...
  13. Replies
    Views

Carbon fiber and fiberglass cases

Since the demise of Presto cases 18 months I have been trying to solve the mandolin case nightmare. If you are in the USA you have a lot more choice in cases, but here down under we only have crappy...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Iwamoto F5 mandolin #118 in progress

All finished and ready for shipping!

15. Replies
    Views

I met Iwamoto-San last year and played in that jam. The bar is called Moon Stomp, in Koenji. He’s really nice and the whole crowd was incredibly welcoming. I saw one of his instruments in a store...
  16. Replies
    Views

Sam Bush plays an Iwamoto electric mandolin too
  17. Replies
    Views

Iwamoto F5 mandolin #118 in progress

About a year ago I was in Washington for a ski-athon fundraiser at Crystal Mountain. I built in some extra time to hang out in Seattle and eat at Piroshky Piroshky and to go play instruments at Dusty...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Harptone or Cedar Creek Cases

I have a beautiful Cedar Creek case for my 1908 Gibson mandocello. I can't show pictures, but it is really nice, inside and out.
  19. Re: Sam Bush playing something other than Hoss?

Sam Bush also pays an Iwamoto - Acoustic World - 4 string electric
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap recommendations?

A vote for Sully Straps & Little satchel straps made in Australia by Steven Gilchrist's partner
  21. Replies
    Views

Screws for tuner buttons

I teach in a JAM Junior Appalachian Musician program and kids don't pay great attention to the small things, like screws in the tuner buttons on their mandolins. Does anyone know the screw size/spec...
  22. Replies
    Views

Bluegrass jam at Moon Stomp in Tokyo

I was visiting Tokyo this week and looked around for jams. There’s a really great one ln the first and third Friday of each month, in Koenji, at a place called Moon Stomp. Typical small Japanese bar,...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Post A picture of your favorite "A" model

I was able to narrow it down to these 5. 177584
  24. Thread: Iwamoto?

by Gordoport08
    Replies
    Views

Re: Iwamoto?

I checked out the Iwamoto at Dusty Strings while I was in Seattle for a Foghorn String Band show. I tried it out the day of the show and couldn't get it out of my mind. Did a little research that...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: 4-string emando, what’s the best out there?

I've owned about twenty electric mandos in my time – the one in my avatar, made in Japan by Acoustic World, is by far the best of 'em.
Page 1 of 2 1 2