Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I keep original tenor case?

I noticed that many ads pointed out that the original case was included so I figured it mattered to some at least. I needed that extra justification for keeping it around :). Thanks.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: new br40 coming....

I'll second that. I use those gauges too. 0.12 works well for the E as well. 0.13 can go E or D for GDAD tuning.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: J76 On TC Octave Mandolin

Most people think the J80s are bit too light for the TC because it is a shorter scale. So for example the J80s may be fine on a 22.5 scale instrument, when you go shorter you have to have a heavier...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Arm rest for Eastman 315.

Fred,
    Those are just rubber grommets that prevent overtones. Sometimes if you jam real hard on chords you can hear a ringing. Those are there to mute that. I could barely hear any ringing before and...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: And the winner is...

Very nice. Enjoy!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: eastman md315 finish repair

I have a 315. I don't plant my pinky, but like Grommet said even just lightly brushing will do it. I ended up buffing the entire instrument and I love it.
  7. Re: On my way from PA to Atlanta - picks left at home

Looks like you'll go through Knoxville. I have zero experience or affiliation with them, but http://www.pickngrin.com/ is a Wegen dealer and their website indicates that they focus on bluegrass. They...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Brand New Player - Pick Question

I've been playing only since last summer. I went through several styles of picks. For the money I think the Dunlop PrimeTones are really good. I did break down and buy a blue chip. There is...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Second Mandolin?

Bill,
    I very, very lightly hit it with 2000 sandpaper (not sure I really needed to) and then polished it with Mequiar's Ultimate Compound and ScratchX. I tried both to see if there was any...