Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

You win my heart. *wink *wink
  2. Replies
    Views

This is so cool man I never knew about Onik. I had heard his collabs with Dariush but never knew he played the mandolin. Thanks so much man you've given me whole new perspective on Iranian mandolin....
  3. Replies
    Views

To be fairly honest the mandolin isn't very popular here in Iran and most people haven't heard of it. They have heard what it sound like on tracks like the Godfather or famous Italian movie scores. ...
  4. Replies
    Views

Actually the in my background (I'm Iranian) every one here is somewhat familiar with the Italian sound of the mandolin. Like no one knows what a mandolin is but when you play them like torna a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Listen to this mandolin orchestra arrangement of the Godfather Medley.
    I get chills everytime
    https://youtu.be/-UOPEGR3U50
  6. Replies
    Views

Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

Hey guys
    Does anybody else feel like the Italian side and heritage of the mandolin is being forgotten and overshadowed by say bluegrass and Irish music ??
    I consider it to be a huge part of the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap on F-style

I guess I kinda like when it sits like that. That's how special forces strap their rifles. Kind of feels like I'm strapping an assault rifle that shoots music
  8. Replies
    Views

Mandolessons LIVE. Saturdays 12PM EST

Hello folks.
    Mandolessons holds a live session with Q&A on Saturdays at noon.
    I'm not in anyway related or anything to Baron' s website I'm just trying to get the word out to other people since I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: APC 308 Octave Mandolin review. BUDGET OMs

The neck might feel a bit too wide I'd you're used to thin neck mandolins. It won't feel as thick as a guitar but not as manageable as a regular mandolin for me . As for the set up I had them set it...
  10. Replies
    Views

APC 308 Octave Mandolin review. BUDGET OMs

Hey guys
    A month ago I was in the process of choosing an Octave mandolin and someone suggested the Portuguese made APC but I couldn't find alot of info anywhere.
    So now that I have gotten one of...
  11. Re: APC brand ???... Octave Mandolin purchase to Iran

I'm going to purchase the APC 308 cedar top and I have previously played Trinity College octaves I will try and post a thorough review and comparison once I get my hands on it. I have a half descent...
  12. Thread: Tennessee Waltz

by Ge23ev
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tennessee Waltz

It's your lucky day I guess. David Benedict posted this new arrangement of the tune of him playing in all keys just now and it's beautiful. You can contact him through his website for a copy of his...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Are mandolins romantic?

to be honest most guitar players i've seen play just to pick up girls. like sing along next to a camp fire, you know the whole package . so if i were to pick the sexiest instrument i would pick the...
  14. Replies
    Views

left hand finger strengthening tool .

hey folks
    i came across this wrist/finger/forearm exercise "device" which i think is a great tool to build up the muscle on the left hand fingers specially the little pinky.
    its called PowerGrip...
  15. Replies
    Views

My New F Style Oval Hole+Pics

Hey Guys.
    this is a follow up to my previous post for my mandolin hunt.
    I finally decided to take the drive from Toronto to Elderly to choose from their collection.
    and a great decision it was....