Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

NYT article on Appalachian music

In Friday's Travel section of the NY Times, they ran an article on Appalachian music in the TN/VA region, which I found pretty interesting. I wasn't sure if it belonged in the Bluegrass or Old-Time...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: I still don`t believe it...

Nobody is saying don't make new music, what is said is that it isn't bluegrass.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: secular songs of praise

We've given this thread an unarguably long leash. For the most part it's been cordial. However, we have strict guidelines about not talking religion and politics, and although most of the...
  4. Re: Further Adventures of Low Mass Bigfoot Bridge

I have a background in radiation physics and can conceptualize and quantitate chains of energy-matter interactions in three dimensions but I also get a little "headache" when I try to conceptualize...
  5. Re: Further Adventures of Low Mass Bigfoot Bridge

I used to get so frustrated with Mr Cohen's posts. Then after a breath or two, a beer or two and re-re-re-read them He is a treasure to the community. I also played around with low mass bridges and...
  6. Replies
    Views

Steve Gilchrist on Gibson and Varnish...........

I had a question I had wanted to ask Steve for a while and I am so thankful that he took the time to answer it as thoroughly as he did. I believe he has studied this subject and provides as much...
  7. Replies
    Views

Took the leap: new(ish) Loar 600 on the way

After hemming and hawing, the deal at theMandolin Store on a preowned Loar LM 600 was too good to pass up. Excited to finally own an F and a real solid wood mandolin.
  8. Replies
    Views

What is a "Celtic" mandolin?

A few weeks ago I asked about few friends and on the forums (including here) who their favourite "Celtic" players were. I’ve since asked some of these players their opinions about the instrument. The...
  9. Replies
    Views

Mike Compton in Carrboro, N.C.

Mike performed a fun two-set show Saturday night at the Carrboro Arts Center with plenty of technical skill, good tunes, audience interaction, and a mix of (mainly) F5 and (occasional) F4 Gilchrist....
  10. stumbled across this treatise on bridgemaking...

http://www.holliseaster.com/p/making-new-mandolin-bridge/

A lengthy read to be sure and I apologize if this has already been posted but I thought folks here might take an interest in the content...