Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 515 N/CC

From my understanding the cc just denotes that there's no binding, and the edges are curved a bit or "softened". Far as I know, no other differences from a standard 515.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: 1st position - 8th fret

Personally, I just do a mini shift up. A 1.5 position, if you will. While I can stretch my pinky to get it, it comes out cleaner sounding if I shift a bit. May not be exactly proper technique, but...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 314 vs 514

Oddly enough, I am looking at purchasing a 314 or 514 as well. Don't really have much to add, as the other replies are pretty much what I've found in my research. The tuners and finish are the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What is a good beginner song to learn-

First things first, since you've said rhythm and chopping, I assume you're want suggestions catered to playing bluegrass? If so, my 2 cents follows.

Really just about any simple fiddle tune would...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Triplets Pick Direction

Sherry, I would use UDU but that may be my personal preference for keeping my right hand in the DUDU pattern. It also puts the quarter notes after the triplets naturally on a down stroke, which for...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 515

Hate to tell you this, but unless your tastes have changed significantly, it's a nada... zelch... zero. If you didn't like it then, you ain't gonna like it now. Nothings changed. Mandolins don't...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: E strings unraveling

Just for a follow-up:
    Contacted D'addario and they sent a couple E-strings sets in both sizes, as well as a whole EJ73 and EJ74 set. Can't really beat that. Replaced the E-strings, with no issues,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Point of Diminishing Returns

The way I deal with this is to cycle the songs I learn. I’ll start on one tune, get the basic melody down where I at least know what I “should” be playing. Before I begin just repeating sections of...