Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Does my mandolin sound cheap???

Way, way more experienced mando players than me here chiming in but yeah...you do have light strings on as opposed to mediums which will make a difference and yeah it does appear on the single note...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings Vs. Northfield Vs. Kelley

How's the new mando? Enquiring minds!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Way to Practice Moveable Chords???

Well, the idea of tracks or no tracks in general of course can be debated forever but she said she likes the idea of playing along with recorded music so...
  4. Replies
    Views

Sorry about that. i was thinking something like Audacity which is free, has a slight learning curve though & the tunes can get a bit munchkin-like sounding if you stray too far from the original key...
  5. Replies
    Views

I think she just wants to practice tunes in a bunch of different keys...playing along with the track. There's a bunch of software out there that'll change the keys..
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Finally got the 314!

Congrats...pics or it didn't happen. :)
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Stringing question, new to octave

Greetings,

A friend of mine just bought a Northfield Archtop Octave, although a different build from yours and a longer scale at 22", their sets are a little bolder than the EJ80s.

Archtop...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Got me an Eastman MD315...

Thanks much Kevin, doing so! I’ve been pick crazy way before I got here. I have a bunch of the favorites, right now a BC 60 sumthin sumthin with rounded corner is winning. 😊

Thanks JFMando! I’m...
  9. Replies
    Views

Got me an Eastman MD315...

Greetings,

Very preliminary random thoughts. Newbie mando player here, like real new. Not new to playing guitar for many years and once in a while having some type of chops on it…depending on the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman "Logo"

Hahah, well before I edited my comment, I did think that there actually was no Logo Contest Winner...but upon further review it does look like they changed it judging buy the 615 MOP pic above. :)