Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: David Harvey

by MandoMan1
    Replies
    Views

David Harvey

It was an honor to talk with David Harvey on the phone today! I have always admired him and his great mandolin playing and for the incredible mandolins he and his team are building at Gibson!

I...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Applaud Ken Ratcliff

I emailed Ken this morning to thank him for his kind gesture. He emailed me back saying he just strung up the mandolin and it is of course an incredible mandolin!

I have only had the opportunity...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatiron A5-Artist vs Gibson A5L

Great mandolin you have! Can't go wrong with a mandolin bearing Steve Carlson's signature on the label!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Washburn mandolins

Very cool your Washburn Jethro Burns mandolin was once owned by Chet Atkins and was also part of Jethro Burns personal collection, since Chet was Jethro's brother in law.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Washburn mandolins

I have a Jethro Burns Washburn M4S-SB from 1981 and it is a great sounding mandolin. I was very surprised how good it sounds. I just installed D'Addario EJ-74 strings last week and it is sounding...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Upgraded to Ratliff Country Boy

Great looking mandolin! Congratulations!
  7. Replies
    Views

Washburn Jethro Burns M4S

Last week I bought I believe it is a 1981(based on serial number research) Jethro Burns Washburn M4S mandolin.

I bought the mandolin for the trip I was taking, because I didn't want to take one...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Monel strings - what to do, what to do?

I really liked the Martin Monels on a 1924 Gibson Snakehead A Junior mandolin that I used to own.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A style mandolin, what year?

Natural color top indicates A-40.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: 1924 A Junior Snakehead: NMD

I am happy for you! They are great mandolins! Congratulations!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: 1924 A Junior Snakehead: NMD

I have a 1924 Gibson Snakehead A Junior also. Great sounding and playing mandolin. I like the blonde finish on your Gibson Snakehead A Junior. Looks great.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Ron Cole Mandolins

13. Replies
    Views

Re: Ron Cole Mandolins

14. Thread: BRW History

by MandoMan1
    Replies
    Views

Re: BRW History

I bought an A-5 mandolin from Ben years ago. Probably 2001 or so. One of the first mandolins he built. I remember it being a great mandolin. Played and sounded great! I can only imagine his mandolins...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Good pick for starters

I will gladly send you some picks to try out free. Please send me a private message with your mailing address and I will send them out as soon as I can.
  16. Replies
    Views

Ron Cole-Prayers Please!

Received some heart breaking news from Ron Cole. Please pray for him as he was diagnosed with cancer. Ron is an incredible guy! I have known him for years and he has always been a first class person...
  17. Re: Lyon & Healy model A - appreciated more every day

That is a beautiful mandolin!
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Snakehead A Junior

Yes sir. Thank you! They are great sounding mandolins! Can't wait to play mine again. Brown truck should deliver tomorrow!
  19. Replies
    Views

Gibson Snakehead A Junior

I am anxiously waiting for my Gibson Snakehead A Junior to arrive on Monday. I recently sent the mandolin to Ron Cole in Idaho for him to install a new bone nut, ebony fretboard and bigger frets. He...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: 1988 Gibson F5L

Congratulations! Great looking mandolin you have. Is it possible David Harvey owned this mandolin in the past or possibly did some work on it? Would be worth messaging him to see if he remembers the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Screamin' CL deal on a (very worn) F2

So glad you got the F-2! I bet it sounds amazing! Enjoy!
  22. Replies
    Views

That is awesome for Sue! Congratulations!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: My MAS is cured.

You are right. Should have said satisfied. Especially for the money spent. Got a great deal on both of my mandolins. I was very pleased with the tone of the Flatiron Performer A. I expected it to be...
  24. Replies
    Views

I hope you get that F-2. I am excited for you. Still think that is a great price! I know how excited I was to get my Gibson Snakehead A-Jr for $800. Got very lucky!

Going to be hard to find...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: My MAS is cured.

An F-4 would be great! Out of price range sadly. Pretty happy with the two mandolins I have. Nice group of mandolins you have!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3