Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Recommendations for pro setup in Bham Alabama area

Yeppers... Herb did mine and had to fuss with him to take more cash!

He did a great job on it! Much improved over the setup done when I had the K&K pickups install new.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Sweetened tunning

I just got my Peterson clip on strobe tuner... and gave it a go on my mandolin and two of my guitars. OH MY GOODNESS... sooooo sweet! I’m loving it!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Sweetened tunning

Good point.. and in the promo video's for the StroboClip HD their reasoning is exactly that.

The human ear can detect variances of 2 cents or more. So if you have a Snark tuned ensemble with +-...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Purchase Input for a Beginner Mandolin

On the A vs F debate... I own an F and have owned and A. When I purchased my F to replace the A, I was informed that the A's were slightly more playable and not quite as temperamental as the F's. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: My Level of Incompetence

I opted to embrace my incompetence and just purchased “Mandolin for Dummies” by Don Julin.

My thought is to rewind to the beginning and properly fill in the holes I’ve ran roughshod over in my...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

Amazing Steve!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you name it?

That is a sharp looking fender Bob.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: I'm in big trouble...

My 515 is a dream come true for me Tracey ... you could do lot worse!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you name it?

My current mandolin has not earned a name as of yet. but virtually all my other instruments except for my keyboard have earned theirs. My pets, vehicles, instruments and other items that I find...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Something I just noticed about picks

Drop the mandolin on the same surface and you'll get an entirely different tone as well!!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips for shipping a mandolin

I've fallen in love with USPS for mandolin and when I can get it done guitar shipping. Found them to be the least costly, and most reliable. Package well, insure it. And what I recently found out...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: To assemble or buy cheap

I'd suggest your first mandolin project should be an A not an F. Building a great A can be a good start to building a good F as there is substantial degree's of difficulty involve between the two...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: help me to Buy a mandolin

I've bought things from Musicians Friend (it is a sister company of Guitar Center). They are not my preferred online music retailer however for instrument buys to be sure. I think if you contact the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Should a beginner buy electric mandolin?

I tell you what... I spent years on acoustics and turned my nose up to electrics at every opportunity because they were 'inferior' instruments in my way of thinking. I the last 18 months I've had...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Over protective?

Yes I did and I appreciate those points of view as well (not that I agree with them just appreciate that they exist and are valid points of view).

I think we are kinda winding down this topic here...
  16. Replies
    Views

Over protective?

Okay... I can be a bit obsessive at some points so this is just a reality check for me gang....

Got the new Eastman 515 and I'm trilled with it in every way... from the looks, setup, playability,...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Just picked up a Blem NOS Kentucky KM-650

Nice score Al!
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Home Recording Equipment

I do not use the built in mic's at all... they a pretty much useless to me with my R8.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Home Recording Equipment

I've gone though a couple of different interfaces and ended up with this Zoom R8 Recorder/Interface because what it gives me is the ability do multi track recording anywhere I want on the fly. Layer...
  20. Thread: Music apps

by Kip Carter
    Replies
    Views

Re: Music apps

What are you using? Riffstation can do most anything you want to an audio recording. Takes some getting used to but they have a trial period on it to do that and it isn't that expensive to purchase....
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: New (to me) Eastman MD805D 2 Point

:) Good boy! My middle son can pick up any stringed instrument and in five minutes begin playing something on it. Makes me green with envy. I wish I could get him to focus his natural skills. Alas...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: New (to me) Eastman MD805D 2 Point

Grats Al... enjoy my friend... By the way.. not nearly enough purgatory for you!! LOL UPS is saying it will be Thursday afternoon for my 515 to be here.. Alas! :) Play up a storm this weekend!
    Kip..
  23. Replies
    Views

Someone called it Purgatory

Someone called it Purgatory in a thread last week... and here I are... Thought that it was bad coming to the realization that I'd made a foolish blunder selling my mandolin to acquire yet another...
  24. Thread: Coming back

by Kip Carter
    Replies
    Views

Coming back

Been away for a good long while as I rediscovered that I could play the guitar after shoulder arthritis had almost stopped me from playing even my mandolin.

I dove back full force into my acoustic...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

Gary,
    ??? What is not to 'like'? :mandosmiley:
    Regards,
    Kip...
Page 1 of 2 1 2