Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Handel Tuner Question

I'm far from expert on the specifics (and an avowed amateur), but I may see two possible complications:

- Some, if not most, of the ferrules seem to have worked their way upward from the face of...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Handel Tuner Question

My best guess is they were shortened by an owner in an effort to reduce unwanted movement of the shaft tilting in the bushing. Maybe one string was a bear to tune because of a bent shaft or oversize...
  3. Re: Study: Old, million-dollar violins don’t play better than the

"However, although correlations between violin acoustics and perception have been attempted (12), the fundamental premise of tonal superiority has not yet been properly investigated."

And I would...
  4. Re: Study: Old, million-dollar violins don’t play better than the

I was once trying out my guitar on stage at a workshop / event thing. A bunch of people came in, some carrying guitar cases and some not. The cases and one fellow ended up by me and everyone else...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: F4 bridge questions

My 1912 F-4 has them. Really bad idea, acoustically, but easy to fix.
  6. Replies
    Views

Hello Patrick, It has a fixed bridge because I...

Hello Patrick, It has a fixed bridge because I wanted a pickup fitted. It has a headway piezo pickup under the saddle, and the wire runs down through the bridge. Over time I have become fed up with...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson pickguard questions

No, they had the celuloid block. Trust me.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson pickguard questions

Here is some research I did about 6-8 month ago...lifted from an email I sent.

As you can see, there is some evolution in the pickguards. I thought there was just 2-3 styles based on period,...
  9. Re: Has Collings ever made 2 point mandolins?

Especially the green strings!