Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Kevlar/Carbon Sorensen Sprite recording - Deadliest Catch Edition

More than a decade ago, I had the delightful opportunity to build a custom Sorensen Pacifica mandolin for film and television sound guru Bob Bronow.

Bob's Pacifica build history is recorded...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Andy Statman Bought A Loar F5!

Listen to that Andy's new beauty in action ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/larry.eagle.90/videos/1418622468557441/
  3. Re: Any atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's out there?

Vitriol? Hardly.
    What they're trying to explain to you is that we're here to talk about mandolins and music. That's it. The topic has no place here. It has nothing to do with anyones' opinion...
  4. Re: Any atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's out there?

Not gonna play your game.
  5. Re: Any atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's out there?

Religion and politics are two of the easiest ways I know to shut down a thread on this board.

This is a site about mandolins, plenty of other places to talk about those things.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Strap Peg - Slipping out

Tapered end pins have always been an issue. There are likely hundreds of answers but Ed's is as good as any of them. Han's Brentrup had a method that added some insurance to the problem even after...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: TablEdit is back!

My thanks to Larry for the work he's done over the years maintaining this remarkable resource and for his exceptional programming skills in creating this. Dan set up access for this on the server a...
  8. Replies
    Views

TablEdit is back!

Mandozine was hosting a wonderful collection of TablEdit files for mandolin, but as you are probably aware it has not been reliable lately. The site went offline at the beginning of 2019, was...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko Passes

this takes you to the Discography and Podcast page on Peter's site

https://www.peterostroushko.com/?fbclid=IwAR3P6RdmrwdBpolg-BRBA3FCFX8Lge5WWXRHM02JTSX5W_ll0fPuPEF-GBQ
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Michael Cleveland on Mandolin

Michael Cleveland is a great musician and has been since he was a mere kid. The F style mandolin he is with in these photos is a Gilchrist that was made in 1995. It was built for me just the way I...
  11. Replies
    Views

Funny How Time Slips Away - Mandolin

I worked up several Willie Nelson numbers on mandolin earlier this year, Crazy, Funny How Time Slips Away, and Night Life. The intention was to play them in gigs with my guitar duo buddy, but our...
  12. Replies
    Views

Vintage 1972 Bean Blossom footage!

Lets see if I did this correctly? This has some footage of my Great Uncle Dick Smith playing with the great Jimmy G. and at the end my Uncle Gene Johnson playing with the II Generation! Also many...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Post Mortem

It should be noted that since the Gibson F5 was introduced in 1922 it has always been a "custom" ordered model. A dealer would have to order one based on someone putting a deposit down at the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Post Mortem

I don't see any reason for any attitudes.

Gibson does not list mandolins in their on-line catalog, and hasn't listed them for at least a couple of years.

Only one or two brick and mortar stores...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: I started a website for backing tracks

I got to your site and then followed it to that video, like that song so I posted it.

16. Re: Intervals/Scale Ricky Skagg's Breaks on J.D. Crowe & the New

This is what he's probably doing - the basic variations of scales in 3rds.

ASCENDING
    G-B . A-C . B-D . C-E . D-F# . E-g . F#-a . g

DESCENDING
    g-b . F#-a . E-g . D-F# . ETC

you can have...
  17. Re: Gibson Ricky Skaggs Distressed Master Model - My New Mandolin

To Brad's point above, here are two posts from Joe Vest who worked at Gibson alongside Charlie Derrington and Danny Roberts, among others, in developing and bringing to life the Distressed Master...
  18. Sierra Hull on guitar, "everybody's talking"

https://youtu.be/wbb0uW0k8pI

https://youtu.be/wbb0uW0k8pI
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Sara Jarosz- When Doves Cry

Hey Tim, I believe I figured out the chords: https://youtu.be/zo6upLL8Xnc
  20. Re: A few neat exercises from Sierra Hull and Reverb

I think in the second part of the video she means to play the chord tones for each chord of the scale. Quite the workout thanks for posting!

So the chords in the key of A are A, Bm, C#m, D, E,...
  21. Replies
    Views

1st Corinthians 1:18

Here's my take on Ricky Skaggs' tune, "1st Corinthians 1:18" I wasn't satisfied with a lot of the playing-rhythm, tone, etc. But I got some new monitors the other day, a pair of Mackie 3", and did a...
  22. Replies
    Views

Free PDF Tunebook (Volume Three)

Nigel Gatherer's Tune of the Week Compilation, Volume 2

On my forum (The Gathering) I have a tune of the week feature involving a nominated tune which people play and discuss. It's building into...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Lloyd Loar Book?

Loarfest West...... a part of SuperGrass. It was a nice smaller festival that lasted two years in Bakersfield, CA Numerous Cafe members were there. One in particular even showed up in a Nudie suit,...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: What's up at Gibson Mandolins?

Hello all, sorry I missed your last email Billy.
    It never ceases to amaze me how incorrect the rumor mill can be. No truth to this latest that Gibson mandolin production is down to one or less...
  25. Re: Not for the faint hearted - a sad end to Kimble A #136

Wow! Glad nobody was hurt - you are right, it is just a mandolin and we can make more.

Will Kimble
    www.kimblemandolins.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2