Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacement tuner for The Loar LM 310 F

It will probably be necessary to replace the whole strip of tuners.
    If yours have a brand stamp, contact the manufacturer. There's an outside chance that they will cover a replacement under...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: China mandolin supply

1. Number one profession for men without college degrees, is driving (not just long-haul trucking, of course).

2. Self-driving cargo vehicles are on the not-too-distant horizon, which is gonna...
  3. Replies
    Views

It's wrong to bash banjo players. Without banjos those folks might take up bagpipes
  4. Replies
    Views

Now if it gets desperate, the mandolins can be dropped in the harbor and float in on the tide. The banjos will sink. Problems solved.
  5. Replies
    Views

Almost everything that's imported is likely to see a slowdown in availability and the good news is that includes banjos.
  6. Re: Tips on getting more volume out of a 3 week old Mando?

My guess is you are striving for a regular volume, not some banjo killing volume with which to dominate a jam. I would think a properly set up and properly played 305 is perfectly capable of this....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Reasons to avoid practicing

Look at this place. I have got to clean up / straighten up. Who can practice in this chaos. No wonder I have not been motivated in so long.
  8. Replies
    Views

New NMD - Collings

Since my last first mandolin didn’t work out and was returned, I’m counting this one as my first mandolin.

2014 Collings MF Deluxe with engraved James tailpiece. 7 years old and not a mark on it....
  9. Re: What did you goof up when building your first mandolin?

Not a great idea to put your number on a public forum. People here seem good but there are a lot of lurkers and boys everywhere. You’re just asking to get a ton a junk texts and calls now. I would...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Reasons to avoid practicing

My band mates are mediocre players so I don't want to play too well and make them feel bad.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Ugliest F-4 ever?

I am not sure but I believe that model is actually an F-ed Up 4....
  12. Re: "This mandolin was intact until my son sat on it"

Now that is a pancake mandolin. :grin: Or should I say flatiron? :whistling:
  13. Re: "This mandolin was intact until my son sat on it"

‘We’ll, he was sitting in the drivers seat when he ran over it'
  14. Re: New Artistworks Bluegrass Mandolin with Sierra Hull!

Well, guess it's no longer the big secret we were told to keep hush-hush. LOL.
  15. Re: Protecting mandolins from changes in climate

I spent the whole winter filling humidifier buckets every day, and lately, emptying dehumidifier buckets every day.

Side benefit is I am more comfortable.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: REELS: What are your favorites?

Itsbynne Reel is a good one.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Help with a Dulcimer

Which she does; Lauper's been battling psoriasis since 2012. Beyond being a spokesperson for a pharma company, she's gone public with her experience, and what treatments have and haven't worked for...
  18. Re: What price level and up gets you a "lifelong keeper" mandolin

Ok...I'll bite.

Welcome to Mandolin Cafe.

There is no cure.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a pic of your cat sleeping in your case

What a lucky cat! Her own case!
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: New Chris Thile album

I have a ton of respect for artists, like Thile, who can take the pre-supposed ideas of music and push them out to the next level.

I want music to surprise me. If I wanted the hear the same old...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Here goes - my first mandolin video! I usually play banjo which is a bit different in terms of left hand position. The first tune is from the David Surette book which has some lovely tunes....
  22. Re: Is The Note On The 5th Fret Of Your Mando’s “A” String a “D”?

My mandolin is in tune, but my chewing gum does lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Antiqued/distressed instruments?

Is it requisite for the owner of such an instrument to present a distressed appearance in toto? That is, would one also have to wear distressed jeans with the proper amount of fading and tearing, as...
  24. Re: Review: Carlo Mazzaccara Lucia bowlback mandolin

To any who may be reviewing this thread with the thought of buying a Mazzaccara mandolin, you may have noticed that I sold the mandolin in May, 2021. Please be clear that I sold it for only one...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Scott Tichenor!

It's that time of year again! Happy Birthday to our beloved MandolinCafe leader Scott Tichenor!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4