Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Crossrock Mandolin Cases

You can get it from Amazon. Here’s the link:...
  2. Thread: Arthritis

by Lucas
    Replies
    Views

Re: Arthritis

My wife is an Acupuncturist. Acupuncture, either alone or in conjunction with medications, may provide temporary relief of pain from your rheumatoid arthritis, and it may even be covered under your...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

All the churches that I have attended in Southern California play rock style music with electric instruments. Not my style and I admit (may God forgive me) that I deliberately arrive late to church...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Top Current Makers

What about Wayne Henderson and John McClanahan? I’ve never had the privilege of playing them, but judging by price and/or reputation, they could be on your list.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Wernick Camp/Gilbert Nelson

The Wernick jam camps are for all bluegrass instruments. I’ve attended 3 or 4 of them. They are great for advanced beginner to low intermediate level players who want to learn how to play with...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Tonedevil FM product feedback requests

Maybe the two horns represent the devil as in "Tonedevil"? If so, the design would be apropos. Although I play bluegrass only, I'm not bound by tradition, so the design doesn't bother me. Tone is...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

I like it. Also like your nice collection of instruments.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing at outside wedding

To answer your question about the tonegard, in your scenario, it’s not going to make a significant difference. Others may differ but that’s my humble opinion.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Dillards "Shady Grove' Andy Griffith

I hadn’t heard this version before but I like it. It’s quite a contrast to the Jerry Garcia version that I am familiar with.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Neutral Ground - country rock tune

Great tune David. I enjoyed it.
  11. Replies
    Views

Very lovely tune John. Thank you for sharing it.
  12. Replies
    Views

Simon: Very lovely tune, especially with the sound of the babbling brook in the background. It is very soothing. Thanks for sharing.
  13. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

Very exciting Steve. You've made great progress. I see on your website that you now taking orders for them.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Very lovely Frank. I'm sure your wife will love it.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: How is Tuning Drift with Rubner Tuning Machines

I have one mando with Waverly's and another one with Rubner's. Both go out of tune at about the same frequency. The tuners are not the problem. Save your money.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Is a new mandolin the answer?

I may have a simpler solution to your problem. Try experimenting with different picks of different materials and thicknesses before investing in expensive equipment. You may find some picks produce...
  17. Thread: Monel strings

by Lucas
    Replies
    Views

Re: Monel strings

Before I retired, I was a Quality professional. About 5 years ago I visited the D'addario factory in Farmingdale, NY. The purpose of my visit was to write an article about D'addario that was to be...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: South State 48 - looks awesome!

Don:

Please excuse my poor english. I meant to say that I will look out for you who has the white beard. I am clean shaven. I think I'll bring my Sorensen Sprite 2-pt mandolin.

-- Lucas
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: South State 48 - looks awesome!

I'll be there on Saturday. I'll look for you - the guy with the white beard. I'll be wearing a Station Inn black t-shirt. Matt Bruno will be teaching a workshop at 11am.

-- Lucas
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The Doctor - Mandolin

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
  21. Re: Little Italy - my first composition for guitar and mandolin)

Very nice composition. I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing and good luck on your mandolin journey.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: The shipping problem

There is a company called ShipGuitars.com that is similar to what you describe. I've not used them before so I'm not sure what the benefits are by using them. I do know that they contract with UPS...
  23. Thread: Thile Update NYT

by Lucas
    Replies
    Views

Re: Thile Update NYT

Thanks for sharing. Nice article.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Is It Possible to Fake It?

Lots of great tips for improvising (use of chord tones, pentatonic scale, singing, etc) but what seems to work for me is the pentatonic scale. I ignore the chord tones and chord changes. I keep it...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Where are the live, in-person events for 2021?

At the top of this forum under the picture of the mandolin, click "Learn/Listen". Then click "Workshops and Camps". Lots of in-person events happening in the West.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3