Search:

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Cases and covers

The problem I’d have is if it had pockets I fill them with more junk I really don’t need!
    Have we started St. Patricks day Festivities a little early? This smacks of late night, tail end of the...
  2. Thread: Cases and covers

by maxr
    Replies
    Views

Case credibility here in UK is having it look like you did 10,000 gigs, with half torn off stickers for bands that split in 1975 and festivals that went under years ago. I think some people take the...
  3. Replies
    Views

There’s a very simple answer to this problem. Move to the UK. In nearly 50 years of mandolin playing, I have yet to come across a mandolin case cover.
  4. Replies
    Views

Don, That is hilarious! You made my day!
  5. Replies
    Views

I buy a quality instrument that i can't afford to replace. For which i buy a quality case that i can't afford to replace. For which i buy a case cover to protect the lot.
    Ryk
  6. Replies
    Views

my thoughts exactly!

Here's my case and case cover...love them both!

https://i.imgur.com/QbUQd9sl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OifUkYvl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zkvHKQ6l.jpg
  7. Replies
    Views

No, no, no, no -- the case cover is soft and easily torn. Don't cover it with something equally soft and fragile. You need something hard and durable. Thus you need a case cover case. (which might...
  8. Replies
    Views

Ah, the perennial CCC (Case Cover Critique/Complaint).

My annual reply:

1. Provides environmental/weather protection (temp changes, precipitation, etc)

2. Much more comfortable for...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Screw hole in veneer to big

I like the idea of gluing just the screw head on it and letting the top screw hold it in place (if it lies flat and is tight enough). Here's one I own that it only secured by the top screw and it...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Help please!!!! Messed up pretty bad

Rather than buying him a replacement Mitchell ($180), you could give him say $150 and he can decide whether to buy another Mitchell or use the money towards an upgrade.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Setting intonation on octave mandolin

This is a very interesting discussion, thank you! I have recently acquired a Weber Bitterroot F octave with a 20" scale length. The G string using D'Addario EJ-80 OM strings simply do not sound...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about CA glue

I was able to slice it off with a razor blade with minimal damage to the finish. Thanks to all who posted advice.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: What’s going on with my finish? (NMC)

Same finish but in satin, which is the same finish they use on the necks of most Standard Series guitars.
  14. Replies
    Views

Hey Don, sorry to hear about this problem and I sure hope you can resolve it. Have you thought about contacting Martin directly to ask whether it is a problem they are aware of and if so, how to fix...
  15. Replies
    Views

Many years ago when I owned my 24 F4 I took it out for a gig (remember those?). When I opened the case there was a small puddle of condensation on top of the mandolin. I wiped it off but saw a...
  16. Replies
    Views

CAB is biodegradeable and mold can grow in nice circles, but unknowns are many. Additives to the coating, something breathed onto the bare wood, some topcoat of wax +++. You’re not likely to identify...
  17. Replies
    Views

They used a C.A.B. (cellulose acetate butyrate) on gloss top guitars and full satin necks at the time, still do actually. They don't use "poly" finish on any guitars, other than the older Sigmas...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Giraffe Bone Nuts

Perhaps the builder obtained the giraffe femur pre cites ban and is using existing stock. I feel it is totally appropriate to inquire about whether it was sustainably harvested or not.

Seems that...
  19. Replies
    Views

There's this magical tool on the internet called Google that can often reveal all... Surely not everyone thought this was going to be some kind of secret.

Not hard to figure out at least one...
  20. Replies
    Views

The first question occurring to me is What Are the Properties of Giraffe Bone that Make It a Desirable Nut Material? - and frankly, I guess there are none, which makes any other question about it...
  21. Replies
    Views

Why the hip-hopping, flip-flopping, nit picking, Earl-bobbing dingadong stabby-wabby would anyone use giraffe bone? If a builder was advertising using it, the question shouldn't be if t was ethically...
  22. Replies
    Views

This triggered an old memory.
    I lived in India for many years, and one day in Old Delhi found myself in a dilapidated Raj-Era shop that you could tell was once a going concern when selling carved...
  23. Replies
    Views

Since the animals are in danger of extinction, I would not use the material or buy any instrument containing the material under any circumstances, whether it was documented or not.

While I do not...
  24. Thread: Harp guy?

by Greg Mirken
    Replies
    Views

Re: Harp guy?

Are we talking about a pedal harp or a lever [Irish type] instrument? It's crazy expensive to ship harps.
    What is your level of repair experience? I have done lots of work on Irish harps, and much...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: What Mandolin Did I Get From the Thriftstore?

The Ernie Ball #2067 "Light" set that Carsten asked about actually is an extra light set: .009, .013, .022, .034. This info comes direct from the Ernie Ball website. They call their 10-14-24-36...
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4