Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Case question

I agree if I get so feeble that I have to carry my mandolin in styrofoam i'll just quit
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Case question

I find it interesting and a bit amusing to hear fellow mandolin players complain about the weight of a case. Walk over to a bandmates dreadnought case and heft that ... then wander over to the banjo...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Aluminum Bronze strings?

Depends on how you define risk, and how far you want your information distributed.

Many web sites use something called a "third-party persistent cookie" (tracking cookie) for advertising...
  4. Thread: Pub Prop

by Jim Garber
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pub Prop

Frankly, at a pub, bar or festival I would never leave any instrument out of its case regardless how stable the hardware is. I learned that long ago when I left my Gibson on a couch at a session in a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Carbon Fiber?

More info on Blackbird’s use of eKoa. I don’t know about how toxic working with that composite is.
  6. Re: Is there a crisis in mandolin, banjo and ukelele tone?

This may seem like a silly premise - and I think the word CRISIS in the title of this thread is over the top - but the article is worth a read - and only takes a minute. It's by Richard Johnston...
  7. Replies
    Views

Roland White honored

Congratulations Roland.

https://bluegrasstoday.com/roland-white-honored-in-nashville/

8. Replies
    Views

Re: Black Cloud Over Gibson

It could have something to do with this:
    Once, at a festival, after examining one of my mandolins, Dave said something like; "If you ever want to move to Nashville..." then he described his benefit...
  9. Replies
    Views

Have no fear, folks. We are living in a Renaissance age of fine instruments. Some of the best mandolins that have ever been made are being made right now. They just don't necessarily have the...
  10. Replies
    Views

It's sad to see this happen.

I worked in the art supply business for many years and saw similar situations with many companies. They started as privately owned businesses with a goal of selling...
  11. Replies
    Views

If the same thing happens to the Gibson name as happened to Oscar Schmidt and Washburn, then it will be owned by a company with no real connection to the original company whatsoever, and they will...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Since when is 1970s "vintage" ?

I struggled with this for years. The 50's doesn't seem like vintage to me and all those 60's Harmony and Kay instruments don't have mojo in my book they were just crappy instruments that I bought...
  13. Replies
    Views

John Jorgenson interview

I don't know how many here have watched Zac Childs interviews on the Truetone Lounge YouTube channel but the latest features multi-instrumentalist John Jorgenson. The interview covers John's vast...
  14. Re: Should I spend money on powered monitors or new mains?

And just a final exclamation point, especially echoing what Tony P said, in most acoustic situations, with the sort of instruments we all play, it's really just the details from the highs that you...
  15. Re: Should I spend money on powered monitors or new mains?

The Alto TX8's are a very decent monitor for such purposes....

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?131448

Keep the QSC's as mains. They're outstanding.
  16. Re: Should I spend money on powered monitors or new mains?

You can buy cheaper powered monitors if that’s the way you want to go. Sound quality and low noise is not what you need in a monitor you just need to boost certain things not hear a concert. Most...
  17. Replies
    Views

And more Leftwich

I'm sorry but I can't stop watching this grouping of videos that captured Andy Leftwich and Allen Tolbert ripping it up. Seriously, put your seatbelt on... Some will probably say that there's too...
  18. Replies
    Views

Janet Davis Music Co. has gone out of business

Just thought you all should be aware, in case you hadn't heard it elsewhere. It's been the buzz lately with banjo players. They have pretty much closed down, and are going out of business. Details...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Question For Robert At FolkMusicians

Good Morning Guys n' Gals!

I enjoy being part of the community.

On to the question (keep in mind, I am still on the first cup of coffee). :)

The past KM-855 is a really nice mandolin. It is...
  20. Oh Watch The Stars, Reischman and friends

This was posted on the Jaybirds facebook page. Very nice.

John Reischman, Trisha Gagnon, Eli West, Rachel Capon, Miriam Sonstenes and Trent Freeman. String arrangement by Trent Freeman.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: French people on the forum ?

I never tire of the Melonious Quartet, based in Nice.

http://melonious.mandopolis.org/

I've been to their Mandopolis Festival. They don't seem to publicize themselves much.
    Their leader...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: DBX GoRack - field report

If you are using the M20D, Tony, you probably don't need a GoRack. I don't use any external AFS when using that mixer. Same with a Soundcraft Ui - they have good AFS built in if you need it. The main...
  23. Re: The Appalling Lack Of Bluegrass Music In Branson

A Branson website lists shows by Ricky Skaggs and Rhonda Vincent, as well as frequent Peterson Family performances. The Presleys incorporate some bluegrass numbers among the show tunes, country...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Gospel Bluegrass for Jewish People?

Here's one you might adopt -- and adapt:

Y461AXJiSlU
  25. Re: The Appalling Lack Of Bluegrass Music In Branson

Does it matter? Raffi doesn't play the Blue Note, there's no Cape Breton at the rock and roll hall of fame in Cleveland, and no heavy metal at a bluegrass festival. Branson is it's own thing,...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4