Search:

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Alan Bibey SBS Shoutout!

NFI, just a fun video to see/clean precise playing ( congrats on the 10 yr anniv to the Acoustic Shoppe)
    i have a couple yrs old CD "The Mandolin Chronicles" Alan Bibey & Wayne Benson and its...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: "Tight-playing" mandolin

I was reading the thread and missing Ivan…he was so very thoughtful and kind.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Andrew Marlin’s Gilchrists

Yes, the former Marlin Gilchrist, formerly the Aubrey Haynie Gilchrist (see above). The story I heard was the label reads "Made for Aubrey Haynie" and Marlin crossed out Haynie's name and wrote "Me"....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Mandolin Stand?

My current favorite is the Proline FRMS1 Mandolin/Uke Stand. They are available many places for under $25.00. They are very sturdy and hold the mandolin well. They are as sturdy as any of them. If...
  5. Re: Why not a domestic, hand built instrument instead?

Adrian is on record multiple times stating the reason those highly skilled, career luthiers work for Northfield is because when he was starting the company they were the same people he personally...
  6. Re: Why not a domestic, hand built instrument instead?

Or Ogunquit, Maine. LOL
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Making Plans for Nigel

Am I the only one disappointed this wasn't an XTC topic?
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Deer antler saddle

Took me a little too long to get this, but I don’t live in PA. Our CT deer simply give you a blank look and keep browsing.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: "A" strings don't stay tuned

Tuning problems can be caused by the way strings are wound around the tuner post.
    The strings should wind down the tuner post in a nice clean coil, without overlapping a previous wind.
    I recommend...
  10. Replies
    Views

Have you changed the kind or gauge of strings you are using?

I have a very stock '19 F5S and it also has amazing tuning stability. When I got it, used, it had been shipped from Maine in December...
  11. Replies
    Views

If the strings are going flat it isn't the nut. It could be the winding slipping on the string, sometimes it is not as secure as it should be. Are the loops getting smaller than the E strings? It...
  12. Replies
    Views

If the other strings are stable, I would suspect the nut, or the saddle slots for the A strings have worn and are now causing the strings to bind.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone traveler?

Anyone wishing to continue this discussion is welcome to, but you should be aware of what's been going on behind the scenes with a related discussion on the same product. Games were being played...
  14. Re: Gilchrist Using The Tone Traveler On Mike Compton's Mandolin

It was also my impression that a couple of the postings sounded more like an advertisement that a question. Not accusing anyone, but....

I do know that a great instrument sounds great right out...
  15. Replies
    Views

Pedal Board Show & Tell

I'd love to see what others are doing with their pedal boards. Feel free to ask questions.

202363; 202364
  16. Re: Gilchrist Using The Tone Traveler On Mike Compton's Mandolin

In case you'd like evidence.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Need some advice on a tuner pedal

+1 on the Boss tuner. I have a pair of TU-2's that I bought 25 years ago and use regularly. They work just as well as they did when I got them.
  18. Replies
    Views

TC Polytune- the full size one is switchable between true bypass and buffered. The TC is quite bright and very fast to nail the pitch
  19. Replies
    Views

I love my Boss TU-3 pedal. It has a few display options, all of which are easy and quick to use. It automatically mutes when in tune mode, which is very convenient. It also offers an output jack...
  20. Replies
    Views

I'm a fan of the TC Electronics Polytune. I have the clip on and polytune 3 mini noir pedal. I use a Peterson StroboPlus HD for setup/intonation work and pedal steel, so I'd say my bar for tuning...
  21. Re: Northfield mandolins - USA or China made?

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the inquiry and feedback. Like someone said in the thread, we’re always up for talking and we encourage people to write or call us directly. Happy to explain about how we...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Bourgeois Mandolins!

Comes the Revolution, Bourgeois mandolins will be replaced by Proletarian mandolins. Only available in one style, ten-year wait for delivery, made from sturdy peasant materials.

Pickers of the...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Bourgeois Mandolins!

They’d have to be triple that price if they are going to be made here. Eastman is going to play to their strengths which is a full factory manufacturing model. However at that price point, the...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Finders Keepers

Alrighty then. Let's see if this works. And whether the effort was worth it. ;)

tzSj7DsLgdM

I only had so many photos to work with, so sorry for the repeats, but I tried to find a rhythm and...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Roland White death?

This is sad news. Roland was a dear friend and was a joy to be around. He was always fun to jam with and made everyone in the jam feel like they were a star. I saw the character of Roland when he...
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4