Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

I went with Surf Green! Distressed by vintagerelic.com

2. Replies
    Views

Gilchrist and Heiden - Big Indian Blues

I finally started to record some comparison of my A style mandolins from each of these master builders. This is Gilchrist 522 and Heiden 92, 2001 and 2018 builds respectively. The Gilchrist is Red...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Congratulation MarkusSpiel. Thomann is still showing a Butterscotch Blonde one in stock - available immediately.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_tenor_tele_mn_btb.htm

Can you please tell me...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Norman Blake Tunes

Here's Dry Grass on the High Fields on a Ratliff Mandocello over Octave and Mandola chops.

8-OIizqrCqs
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Levin Model 42 (1948)

Sounds like a good 'un!

I believe they can vary a bit.
  6. Replies
    Views

Nice. Got a good sound to it. Better than the couple of Levin's I've heard around here.
  7. Replies
    Views

Very Nice! You got a deal on that one!
  8. Replies
    Views

I like it!

Sounds great.

Nice tremolo...ing.
  9. Replies
    Views

Wow, that sounds great; if that had crossed my path I'd have paid more for it! Think you got a real bargain!
    Had no idea Levin made such fine-sounding mandos.
  10. Replies
    Views

Sounds great, I would buy one for that price with that sound, and I don't even need or want another mandolin. Well........
  11. Replies
    Views

Nicely played! And what a pretty F-2!
  12. Joining the Girouard Club with an F Oval hole

I exchanged emails with Max and have sent a deposit to have him build me one of his Girouard F Concert Master mandolins with an oval hole. It will feature complete binding in triple bound, Waverly...
  13. Replies
    Views

I was recording a couple of tunes for a customer so they could hear their mandolin in the white before I put finish on it, so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone and record a couple of...
  14. Land's End. Tim O'Brien cover with free notation

Hey yall! This Tim O'Brien tune is one of my favorites. In the process of working on this one, I notated out the standard dots for it. On "Hard Year Blues" Tim plays the B and C parts up an octave...
  15. Re: Norman Blake-Original Underground Music from the Mysterious S

For the record, I'm not selling anything. I'm just offering these to anyone interested. Norman's tunes and specifically this album, hold a special place in my heart. I just want these tunes...
  16. Replies
    Views

Man, what fun catching up my reading on this thread, so much fun Norman Blake stuff going on here. Bruce, the Weave and Way was cool and the backing track sounds great. Don has posted up one of my...
  17. Re: Great new composition by Joe K. Walsh - mandola and bass

A lovely tune. Heiden mandola?

2-_amWy-FmE
  18. Replies
    Views

Haven't learned a new one yet this weekend, but I found this one in my videos from 10 years ago :disbelief: and a lot of mandos ago. (A Campanella Due) The tune is Georgia Home from Original...
  19. Replies
    Views

Thanks to Markus for reopening this thread...it prompted me to get out my 'Mandolin of Norman Blake' DVD for review. And thanks to all who contributed! Happy pickin'...:mandosmiley:
  20. Replies
    Views

Don Grieser was mentioning Green Leaf Fancy - 4/20 significance ? Perhaps

Mu_FDJyOrpY
  21. Replies
    Views

Nice, Markus, sounds just right on the old Gibson--and thanks for bring this thread back up. We all need some more Norman and Nancy in our lives these days.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Some very fine Nancy Blake mandolin

I transcribed this tune a couple years ago, sheet available in PDF and tabledit file here: http://www.markgunter.net/good_stuff/16/lyrics-tabs-song-charts
  23. Re: Old photos - a hodgepodge of musicians - folkies +

I'm thinking about printing this one to hang on the wall!

24. Replies
    Views

Re: keeping the mando off your stomach

Why is that controversial? No one is forcing you to buy one. Neither are they forcing you to buy a brown piece of plastic for $35. So what is the problem?
  25. John Reischman (with Eli West) at Green Mountain Bluegrass & Root

Wanted to share this little gem filmed with John Reischman and Eli West at this past August's GMBR in Manchester, Vermont.

John's playing seems to effortless and smooth. Getting to be up close...
Page 1 of 2 1 2