Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording through the Bach Cello Suites

Back in the saddle again, and with some upgrades! Got a new phone, so I'm using that as my video source now (hello 1080p!), using the microphones on the phone to seed the reverb channel, and most...
  2. Re: Another pick story, making steel strings sound kinda like nyl

The pick choice makes a large difference for a mandolin.

This article is very very informative.

http://jazzmando.com/tips/archives/000718.shtml
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Blem Mandolins

The information posted above about The Mandolin Store closing is not true. I spoke to Dennis not two minutes ago. He was as surprised and confused to hear this as we were. That discussion ends here....
  4. Replies
    Views

Sierra Hull- tone tips video

Hello friends,

I came across this on YT today. Simple advice from one of the best! Enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/-tCoGGcsi0I
  5. Replies
    Views

Another movement complete. I was just trying to enjoy the sound of my mandolin on this one. Trills were meh, and I left four notes out, but I'll leave it to the listener to find out which ones....
  6. Re: Does anyone else get "steps" from playing?

Was in one of the Fitbit weekend challenges. Put it on my strumming hand. 3 services at Church with a before service practice. ;) Won the challenge that week:)
  7. Replies
    Views

Suite 5 has begun!

It seems like a lot of teenagers bond strongly with music during the years transitioning from childhood to adult, whether they latch onto an artist or an album or a song or a...
  8. Replies
    Views

I've always heard this movement as "The Official Start of the Second Half of Bach's Cello Suites." Obviously, by movement count, it's several movements past the midway point, but to me the character...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: What are your go-to crowd pleasers?

Foggy Mountain Top.
    If they're people I don't really care for... Wagon Wheel.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: If you jam . . . .

No. Do they play in time?