Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Grommets vs damper on tailpiece

Yeah, but then there’s functional jewelry
  2. Re: How do you like your armrests (aesthetically)

Then there’s some really out there ideas
  3. Re: How do you like your armrests (aesthetically)

On my personal mandolins and those I build I’ll do a matching color or burst. It’s so much easier when you have the exact dye being used to do both the the same time. I do ok matching colors but...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: McClung Armrest

Hard to believe I’ve done this 16 years. The McClung for 14 years. A nice expensive hobby/business. I contemplated retiring from it, but the wife didn’t want bored. She was right. Thanks to all...
  5. Replies
    Views

A new drawing for an ebony McClungs mandolin armrest is set for April 17, 2022. One entry per person. Those that make a purchase get a second entry automatically. Use the contact form through the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Armrest and Toneguard

Thought I’d throw in this opportunity

Ebony McClung armrest drawing!
    We’re giving away an ebony McClung armrest for Texas Independence Day, March 2nd. You do not have to be a Texan to win but...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Armrest and Toneguard

Armrest and Tone-Gard is the best combination for volume and tone
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Shoulder Replacement

Slowly progressing. I have a better range of movement but tire easily. I waited way too long to have my surgery. I値l try some mandolin the next few days. My PT says baby steps. Thanks
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Shoulder Replacement

I’m going to PT. They’re saying 6 - 8 weeks of light duty. I’m almost 5 weeks post surgery and starting my 3rd week of PT. It’s taking so long, just getting impatient.

- - - Updated - - -
  10. Re: Contemporary Christian Music with Mandolin Solo???

King of My Heart has a Celtic feel to it. Great place for for an intro and solo for violin or mandolin. I usually kick it off and play along with the melody in the second verse.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on abbreviated pickguards

I liked the abbreviated style, 5 - 5 1/4” x 2”. A midsize is good to, 5 1/4” x 2 1/8” - 2 1/4”. Pins and or screws are sufficient alone, without a side bracket, to securely hold the pg in place
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Best all time Inlay's

I really like the Dawg David McClung did for one of our customers

13. Replies
    Views

Re: harmonic dampener grommets

Just about anything you want to use will work. I’ve even seen scotch tape used in a pinch. I’m the past I did some ebony ones using Velcro to hold them in place.

14. Replies
    Views

Rocking along. My new automated sander, Jason, has saved my shoulders a bunch. I値l be having shoulder replacement after the first of the year if I can last that long. So far we have about 50...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Grover 309 Shortage?

International Violin
  16. Replies
    Views

WooHoo!
    The website is up and running at about 90%. A few more tweaks and such and I have about 20 armrests to process and post.
    It痴 much different than the past site. I知 still learning and...
  17. Replies
    Views

The website is slowly getting there. I have a local web developer working us in. I'm just not up to the challenge. We have lots of of product to upload when we get there. Thanks
  18. Replies
    Views

Our website is still down but under construction. At least the home page shows something now. Now that I’m back in the shop we’ll see more progress to that end as well as new products underway.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Hill Country Stringworks

Hi guys, yes the website is down and I知 out of town until May 12th. I値l be getting with a web developer to build a new website when I return. He痴 checking into it and hopefully it can be up and...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickguard or no pickgaurd?

Just got a photo of Mark's pg installed. Inlay by David McClung.. View big
    What can I say...work of art! The inlay's not bad either.

21. Replies
    Views

Re: Double Stops Question

I love double stops, especially down the fretboard. Using various chord shapes I noodled around to find the melody. The nice thing about fifths is the shapes works in any key
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickguard or no pickgaurd?

Pickguard! Armrest too

23. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin armrests - Yes, No, Type?

I guess I’m biased, but have used an armrest the past 20 years. I started out with a Siren which was flat and about 5/8” high. I liked the position it allowed for my hand. About 2005 or 2006 I had a...
  24. Replies
    Views

Thanks again. We’re doing good and getting better all the time. Working back in the shop this past week. Knocked this one out the past few days.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Santa brought a new tailpiece!

Super nice tailpiece. Nice armrest too.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4