Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin pick guards

If the pickguard is mounted so there is a free flow of air in and out of the sound hole then it won't affect the main air mode frequency and thus won't affect the sound. What is important is how the...
  2. Thread: McClung Armrest

by thi
    Replies
    Views

Re: McClung Armrest

I'm a fan of these, I got one on my Collings MT, Big Muddy M-11, and most recently bought the rosewood octave armrest for my Eastman MDO305 octave. I'm not sure how new these are but the site says...
  3. Thread: McClung Armrest

by scotta
    Replies
    Views

While there are a number of very good arm rest makers on this forum, but for me the McClung design is superior in the way it positions your right hand angle over the strings. Everyone is different so...
  4. Replies
    Views

I really like my newest McClung on my Pava Pro. Doug did a great job with the color and finish.
  5. Replies
    Views

I should mention that I won Doug's Texas Independence Day giveaway--yahoo, and thanks, Doug!!
  6. Thread: McClung Armrest

by TTT
    Replies
    Views

Just received the armrest for my Eastman MD504cs and it’s everything people have been raving about in this thread. Such a small thing that makes a big difference.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Armrest and Toneguard

And just for fun.
  8. Replies
    Views

I used a McClung with a Tone-Gard on my old Nouveau F5 with no issues, and transferred them to my Northfield when I upgraded– again, the two fit together without any problems. The Northfield doesn't...
  9. Replies
    Views

I was able fit ToneGards and McClung armrests on all mine. I had to shift the placement a little on a couple but they fit fine.
  10. Replies
    Views

My McClung is an o.t.p. model. There is no interference with the Tone Gard on my Eastman 515.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Cracked neck block

If the screws pulled it together, you might try backing them off and see if you can get some glue into the crack, then tighten them back up.

But I had forgotten about that shoulder. It might be...
  12. Replies
    Views

Screws might improve strength if there is plenty of sound wood to hold them, but dowels will not add strength.
    A couple of well placed and well installed screws with counter sunk heads covered by...
  13. Replies
    Views

I've stared at the picture a dozen times. Definitive way?? Open the back and replace the block. Difficult and invasive.

I don't think there is room to cut the block out of there in pieces and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Another approach would. be to drill a hole through the top and angle through the crack. Then epoxy in an 1/8" CF dowel. If the crack will close, you should HHG it first and clamp together with...
  15. Replies
    Views

Is that block mahogany? If I see the photo correctly, that area is perhaps the weakest point in the wood, and mahogany seems to split easily sometimes. I recall Sunburst's post about inserting a...
  16. Replies
    Views

Could you fill the dovetail either side to make a straight mortice, then cut the dovetail on the neck to a tenon, and then make it a bolt-on? I think this is what John was suggesting. As a mere...
  17. Replies
    Views

Oh, I see: Your mandolin, your time, valuable to the owner. Spend as much time and effort as you wish, economics are out the window!

Be good to that shoulder, follow the PT advice and heal at your...
  18. Replies
    Views

You can glue it, but then you essentially end up with a butt joint for the neck because the side grain joint that was originally there is no longer of any particular use. The neck tenon would still...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Cafe Classified

A solution in search of a problem.
  20. Replies
    Views

If you don't see everything in your hourly perusal, you might miss something you need or want ;)
  21. Thread: Cafe Classified

by Ranald
    Replies
    Views

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to contact Scott, the site owner, and discuss this with him.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: The newest hot mandolin accessory!

Feel free to discuss the product.
  23. Replies
    Views

Cody Shuler Loar inspired cases

Haven't seen these spectacular Loar style cases, leather covered, discussed here. Have talked to a few Loar owners and top-tier builders who are really impressed with these. Hand-made, leather...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: The newest hot mandolin accessory!

Just to remind everyone this isn't the boys sophomore locker room. There are young people that are members here as well. How about we take this someplace else on the Internet.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Gift Suggestions

I got one of your pick boxes last year from my DH. I love it! I have eight picks in it, and I think it could hold a couple more.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4