Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: your mandolin ownership history

This is fun. I'll try to remember them all. Only ones I have left are the Voight A-5 and the Bayard Blaine GBOM.

1) Some pacrim asian a-5 I picked up at a pawn shop in college. Not sure what...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Homemade Casein Picks

Hi Mark,

On day one, I just kind of form them into a flat patty like shape about the size and thickness of a McD's burger, maybe slightly thicker. Each of those patties is in the pic attached here...
  3. Replies
    Views

It’s just simple food coloring. You can add it right to the milk pre-curdling or if you want a little more control and different colors you can add it into the curds when kneading them out. This one...
  4. Replies
    Views

Getting some much harder quicker drying results with the skim milk and 2 percent milk. Here's a cool one that I started about 10 days ago. Still shaping it but it feels pretty rock hard even without...
  5. Replies
    Views

Back at it for round 2 with some skim milk this time. The curds formed into a fresh mozzarella-like ball easily this time but in draining it, the casein was much more crumbly. It may or not have some...
  6. Replies
    Views

Homemade Casein Picks

Anyone ever try to make casein picks from scratch? I decided to try after learning about it being a fairly simple process of adding vinegar to warm milk. Took a while to dry and harden (over two...
  7. Re: Microphone recommends for home studio recording?

I use a Myrtle which is a spring mounted edwina. I love it for a range of different uses from guitar to singing. It's kind of my main go-to for everything with good results. I've also used it to mic...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Seeking song suggestions, cool groves

adam steffey's version of goodbye girls i'm going to boston is another nice that i think will have the feel you're looking for.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Seeking song suggestions, cool groves

We've been playing it with E major in the A section.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Show off your back side

Here's my voight after recent polish touchup.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman OM - a one-month review

Ok- just replaced the G and D course on my new Eastman OM with the J72 Mandola set and I can already tell a big difference on the bottom end presence. Particularly on the G course. It was the only...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Octave

You guys are jumping to some big/wrong conclusions here... Eastman lists them as a dealer if you do a quick zip code check on their site. They likely have many we're all not aware of that don't do...