Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin for beginner

You're not a beginner, you're an experienced musician. Seriously consider getting the right tool for the job. If you settle for bottom-of-the-barrel instrument, you will find it inadequate in tone...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuning machine repair

Frank Ford has some articles that involve tuner repairs on http://frets.com.
  3. Replies
    Views

something similar , ground a piece of steel with a curve matching the end
    of the worm gear shaft bearing journal

so as to not crush the hole through it, out of round , put that tool, in the...
  4. Replies
    Views

I think your idea will work, I've repaired similar problems. What I did was support the tuners well and use a small clamp to hold it in position aginst o firm backing (small vise). However instead of...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Stradolin markings

All of the logos were stenciled, this model was a bit more rudimentary than the others. Take a look inside and see if the top is really ply or if they simply reinforced the f holes with a layer of...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Stradolin markings

Thanks for posting this, I'm quite fond of stradolins and it's neat to see more examples. I have one with the same headstock stencil and tailpiece, but the top of the headstock has a more pronounced...
  7. Re: For the older players: arthritis and mandolining

Meloxicam is a newish NSAID that is working for me. Limiting coffee and sugar and heat when needed. Getting old sucks and any alternative sucks worse.
  8. Re: For the older players: arthritis and mandolining

If coffee's not one of the major food groups, it should be.
  9. Re: Hand pain with mando, none with guitar. Any ideas?

Either the grip, the angle of the mandolin (likely culprit to the wrist problem), or set up is wrong, or a combination of all three are hosed up.

Mike's video has perhaps been attached to more...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you think i practice too much?

Stop practicing immediately. You're making the rest of us look bad.