Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Backpack Straps

Hey there - sorry if we missed some of your posts or comments regarding the straps. I think we have been in touch regarding some other items (if your alias corresponds to an email address we have on...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

Here you go -- one of my first and favorite arrangements for the Ecco Mandolin Ensemble, Traveller's Prayer by John Renbourn, performed on all L&H Instruments (the dola, cello, and bass from the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: How to pack an instrument for shipping

Funny story........When I was moving from Guam back to the US, the movers didn't have anymore packing material left and I didnt want it to get delayed, so I put my Martin case in a larger box and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: JT's Pix Blue Celcon Pick Review

The latest blue celcon picks I received are the size of the BC TAD picks. The BC CT55 is a hair larger than the blue celcon. I don't have any BC TP picks.

Just a reminder that I needed to polish...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Voyageur & French Canadian Folk Songs

Mick:
    If you really want to get deep into this music for the tunes (not songs) I highly recommend this super fake book compiled by Olivier Demers from the famous group Le Vent Du Nord: 1000 airs...
  6. Replies
    Views

The Gibson Factory in Kalamazoo

I just happened across this brief youtube video thanks to their autosuggestion function. It's only a couple of years old and includes some interesting information. For one thing, it mentions plans by...
  7. Current state of the art flat top mandolin

This is my latest 4th generation flat top mandolin. This is the culmination of 12 years of work improving the sound of the flat top mandolin. It all started from the fact that it is possible to...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sorry Ranald, though Lisa is mentioned in Danse Ce Soir, she is not the author. Laurie Hart and Greg Sandell are the co-authors. And right now you can get 30% off if you order directly from...
  9. Replies
    Views

How to pack an instrument for shipping

Tony Williamson put this video together for a seller who had no experience shipping a valuable instrument. We thought it was well done and had great information that it should be available to all for...
  10. Replies
    Views

You might be interested in Lisa Ornstein's (bilingual) book, Danse Ce Soir – Fiddle and Accordion Music of Quebec (Mel Bay). She's an ethnomusicologist and an excellent fiddler, who has been studying...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: This Dawg is a Dog

That isn't a Kentucky KM-Dawg model mandolin.

This is a KM-Dawg model Kentucky https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/215510#215510
  12. Replies
    Views

Voyageur & French Canadian Folk Songs

I was doing some research on trying to find some French Canadian Folk Songs since we will be spending the summer in Quebec Province and yes, I did study some French in my education but sadly, can...
  13. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Right on Eric, every Loar or Fern has something! And yep the Kimmel Fern I liked a lot. New owner is very pleased with it.
  14. Replies
    Views

Yeah, what Scott said. Yikes.
    https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/buya.com
  15. Replies
    Views

We're going to recommend that domain is likely a very unsafe place to do business. Doesn't take too long with some web searches to find a lot of people that agree with that assessment. YMMV.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: MOTS fingerboard, unknown model

Harmony was building some nice instruments back then. They were competing as a musical instrument rather than the commodity they became. I seriously doubt they had anyone on staff that was concerned...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: JT's Pix Blue Celcon Pick Review

I also played the BC for years, but thought they were too dark sounding for me. I liked the glide thru the strings. I went to Wegen, I even have them made thinner, and love the sound. They do wear...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Gibson needs fixin'

Yep, ended at $585 plus $38 shipping plus tax. Someone will have over $600 in this before the first repair is attempted.

My logic is, "how much is a nice one?" Then, you subract the cost of the...
  19. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Just recently I paid a visit to Peter Coombe in Bega on a shorty round trip in SE Australia. I came across his fourth generation flat top mandolin he showed me. I compared it with all of his other...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Regal Le Domino Mandolin C.1933

No, mine was all black. Don't be fooled by "today's asking prices," in my opinion they are worth $200-250 max and only as a wall-hanger, at that. BUT, more power to prices fueled by internet fads...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Norman Blake is 86

I hope that Norman Blake is doing well (and Nancy Blake also of course). Yes, happy birthday!

While he excels on pretty much any stringed instrument I am particularly happy with his guitar...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Armstrong Strad-O-Lin on eBay?

It has been on ebay for several years. Has a fair amount of damage under the tailpiece.
  23. Thread: Tam Lin

by Colin Botts
    Replies
    Views

Tam Lin

Sadly, this is one of those tunes that is probably getting a bit tired and worn, but only because it's one of the most rocking reels ever written. If Led Zeppelin would have composed a reel, this...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: 1989 Gibson F5-L ‘Custom Shop’ Jim Triggs

And a few more 212558

- - - Updated - - -

25. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

I haven't played any mandolins worth more than 10k. I've played most of the usual suspects in that 4-7k range and haven't found anything that beats my Girouard A5 Concert.

Looking back, there was...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4