Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Beethoven Mandolin Sonatina in c WoO43a

Hi Jim,

I have heard you make that remark before about Hladky's edition. I must say that I quite disagree. His fingering is actually quite good in regards to the effect he is aiming for. The...
  2. Replies
    Views

Looking for mandolin

Hello,

I am looking for a particular instrument that I use to own. It was an Embergher 5bis model by Nuova Liuteria Romana. I sold it here on the Cafe classifieds a long time ago (2012?)....
  3. Re: Luthier for Fouchetti-period mandoline? Or Bortolazzi style?

Hello Rob,

Here is a list of makers of 18th Century Neapolitan mandolin (Vinaccia) and Baroque Mandolino:

1. Labraid Instruments (Brian N. Dean), Nova Scotia - http://www.labraid.ca
  4. Walking the Streets of Amsterdam - Chris Acquavella

Hello,

My latest composition, Walking the Streets of Amsterdam, for two mandolins is now available from Astute Music Ltd. It can be purchased here. Walking the Streets of Amsterdam

This piece...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian - German Mandolin Technique

"A question for our german residents; Would it make more sense to refer to this school as the Reichsmusikkammer or RMK system?"

NO - definitely not. What the English speaking world calls the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Beanzy - I hear ya, man. However, that is exactly the point that a lot of people aren't seeing clearly. Wolki and Ambrosius did create these "new" techniques in order to manipulate the people. This...
  7. Replies
    Views

I think it is important to point out that you are referring to technical materials. If one looks at Leone, Denis, Gervasio or Munier and Calace methods you will find the same exercises that Marlo...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Which mandolin for Calace?

Hello,

I would recommend contacting Brian N. Dean in Nova Scotia. He just restored an old Calace mandolin. If not Brian, then maybe Dan Larson (Minnesota, I think). If you have a higher end...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Sheet music for solo mandolin

Hello. Someone was nice enough to notify me that my classical mandolin repertoire list links weren't working. I have fixed the problem. You can find both lists here:...
  10. Replies
    Views

San Diego Classical Mandolin Camp -Video

Hello,

For those that don't know me, my name is Chris Acquavella. I am a classical mandolinist from San Diego, CA and director of the San Diego Classical Mandolin Camp. The café did a nice press...
  11. Re: Mandolin orchestra repertoire: time capsule or living organis

Eugene - please re-read my post. I did say that I liked some of the Golden Era stuff. Most of it just isn't worth mentioning or playing as standard rep. I am always interested in including a piece or...