Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

The Dawg's loose again!

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/1019-New-Music-from-Acoustic-Disc-Dawgnilo-Danilo-Brito-and-David-Grisman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElqaeMP09o
  2. Re: Artist/Album Recommendations like Punch Brothers & Sierra Hul

Any albums by Joe K Walsh or Matt Flinner should fit your ears.
  3. Replies
    Views

The Dewey Murphy Loar Mandolin Project

This mandolin was featured in the "Sometimes a case tells a story" article recently.

hSCJPC5LrYo
  4. Mike Marshall & Darol Anger show on 2/9/24

My DH and I went to this concert Friday night at the Groton Hill Music Center in Groton, Mass. (This is the second show I've seen at this venue, the sound is superb).

Here's a few pictures from...
  5. Replies
    Views

DataNick on Bluegrasstoday

I just wanted to give a shout out for DataNick who has this on Bluegrasstoday:

https://bluegrasstoday.com/california-report-san-diego-mandolinist-b-k-nick-nicholson/

I miss his quality posts...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Two Stellar Northfields At Dusty Strings

Maybe it’s time to lay off going into every thread that contains the word Northfield and questioning or pointing out where they are made and what tier they are in as you seem ignorant on the issue....
  7. Replies
    Views

Flinner and Walsh in Galway NY

Caught Matt Flinner and Joe K Walsh in the very small Upstate NY town of Galway, Matt played a lot of banjo, I forgave him for that as they covered Don Stover's "Things in Life" wonderfully.
    Joe...
  8. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

This is so good! Really hoping to see Backslidin Blues make the cut :)
  9. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 13: Learnin' the Blues

We can't have a whole month of Ronnie and not have a big triplet run. Free sheet music/tab can be found here:...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Ohio Heritage Fellow : Don Macrostie

Yes, you do.
    Yes, you do.
    You really do.

Just trying to help. :grin:
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Ohio Heritage Fellow : Don Macrostie

Let's see if this works.

Oj2xTSBhusc
  12. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 3: Revenuer's Blues

H_nCkVPxBwY

Sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/ronnie-mccoury-3-95838540
  13. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 2: Gone But Not Forgotten

Another killer solo in the key of C. If you want to know how to make quarter notes sound spunky in a solo this is a good one for you. Sheet...
  14. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

It's really great to finally get to see the shop in China! Thank you Adrian for sharing!
    Great instruments being built by real folks who obviously care and are putting real heart and soul into their...
  15. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

I'm sitting here with my new Northfield Artist 5-bar w/ Italian top (see my post above) that arrived yesterday. I also have a varnish-finished Collings MF5 and am admittedly a huge Collings fan with...
  16. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the Northfield shop, but couldn't resist a 5-bar Artist model (Italian top, tortoise binding, wide nut) that was included in a recent email when they made a...
  17. My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

Instead of going to the upcoming NAMM Show in 2024 decided to pay a visit to Northfield and Elderly Instruments. Northfield was yesterday and was a mind blowing experience getting to play all of...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Clip-on mic vs Removable Pickup

I have a Zoom A3 that has an XLR input, can provide phantom power, has a boost switch, and a tuner switch that mutes the signal. Also EQ and some effects. Not the most user friendly thing, but get a...
  19. Replies
    Views

Northfield Mandola

A couple days ago my new Northfield Quickstep mandola arrived and I am quite impressed with this fine instrument. I got the Ox Amber/spirit varnish finish, and it is just gorgeous. I've played the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Guitar and mandolin anyone?

https://youtu.be/Nt33mGi_XRI?si=uROpJYEqaLMlEHP7
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Modding a Northfield F5S

I’d get the Gilchrist (?) tailpiece that NF sells that’s a drop-in fit. Nothing else, really. Ok, splurge on a nice strap…

I had one for about 2 years and it *needed* nothing. Always thought the...
  22. Replies
    Views

Bill Monroe - Porter Wagoner Show, 1968

I watched this great example of "The Man" at work, and could not find it posted before. I don't think Bill ever suffered stage fright. What a performer!:mandosmiley:...
  23. Into the Cauldron 20th anniversary celebration with Mike Marshall

2023 is the 20th anniversary of the release of Mike Marshall and Chris Thile's 'Into the Cauldron'.

To mark the anniversary and celebrate the album, and the influence it's had on a whole...
  24. Re: New 19” scale Northfield Wavelength Octave/Reichman Demo

Hi everyone. Our new Wavelength octave is in production now. Our first batch is finishing up and is in the setup process. We got a little behind with all the summer festivals and the general pace and...
  25. Replies
    Views

Northfield NF2S Sound

A little while ago I was fortunate to happen upon a Northfield F2. I'm very glad I did. The sound and smoothness of playing is fantastic. One of the best mandolins I've encountered.
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4