Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Crossrock Mandolin Cases

Yep, they seemed to have fixed that wobbling-on-the-hinge issue with their newest re-design. It's still a slim case with a narrow footprint, so it would be easier to knock over than a calton when on...
  2. Re: Mike Compton demonstrates his 2008 Duff F-5 mandolin

A good way to think about this style is that it's emulating the pulse and the drive of old time fiddle playing. What you are hearing is indeed intentional, and is very much in line the the sliding...
  3. Replies
    Views

Here's a further update to this. After keeping my mando in the case for a while, the padding has now compressed properly, and the case lid closes very easily without any resistance. I guess the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: paddy on the turnpike

Great tutorial/lesson on that tune from Mike Compton here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-aIbF6kVV4
  5. Replies
    Views

One last update: I've continued emailing with their customer service team, and they are very keen to get these issues fixed ASAP. Here's a quote from the last email exchange:
    "We've called a meeting...
  6. Replies
    Views

The *newest* one just came out within the last couple weeks and doesn't require the extra foam pad...the inner padding is specifically designed for F-5 style mandos, and apparently there is more room...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What Are Some Good Options in the $2-3k range?

That's about as good as deal as you're gonna get in the $2-3K price range. Someone should jump on it!
  8. Thread: Calhoun case?

by Zmando85
    Replies
    Views

Re: Calhoun case?

You could also put a call into Elderly Instruments. They seem to have a Calhoun in stock, as well as a variety of cases. I'm sure they'd be willing to check the fit on a few different options for you.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe Style Help

Mike Compton has an online Monroe style mandolin course on Peghead Nation that is worth checking out. He goes through the material nice and slow, and you can even use the video slow-down feature to...