Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Kaufman kamp

Definitely still top notch. Last year was 'interesting' with all the Covid protocols (early concerts...less jamming due to half capacity, interesting dining configurations)...but still excellent...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick for Classical Music

Wayne-

Are you wanting to learn Classical Mandolin...or play Classical music on your mandolin? There is a difference and might mean a different pick for you.

Really...any pick that sounds good...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Kaufman Kamp 2016--Who is Going?

Patti, Val and I were singing Can't Help but Wonder...back in March. Come play with us!
  4. Re: Kaufman Kamp 2015 Roll Call--Who is going?

Oh...and Carlo told me last week that he will most likely be at Kamp NEXT year.
  5. Replies
    Views

GF Giuliani Duet for Flute and Mandolin

Here's a video of my performance last night of Giovanni Francesco Giuliani's Duetto per Flauto e Mandolino (with my recently repaired Calace!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7sk22rHeQ
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Finally got my bowlback playable

Awesome work! Enjoy it!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Kaufman Kamp 2013--Who's Going?

Bigskygirl - if you have the dough, I would suggest you go ahead and sign up for week 2...AND...don't take beginner 101...take beginner level mando. The mando instructors are great and you don't...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How to read this ?

While the + symbol does mean LH pizzicato in the bowed world, when I've come across it in the mandolin world, I THINK it is usually an indication of ornamentation. What kind of ornamentation? That...
  9. Re: Am I Cynical or Maybe On To Something About Camps?

I attended my first camp 8 years ago and contiue to go to it annuallly. Five years ago I added a second workshop and continue to attend it annually. Last year I added a third camp and will probably...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: classical setup and such

Those Telemann Canonic Sonatas are fun to play!

As for thickness, I can't really say I have a preference. I don't like the feel of a really thick pick in my hand (my mandola picks are a bit...
  11. Replies
    Views

I find most 'jazz' picks are pointy enough for me. If not, I can modify them.

On my F-style I use a BC large jazz. But that pick is too much for my bowlback.

I am currently using a Wegen...
  12. Replies
    Views

I guess it depends on what your final goal is. Are you just dipping your toes into the genre and playing some Bach...or are you jumping into the pool and wanting to explore the technique and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Springtime Ohio Mandolin Get-Together

Could a former Buckeye attend? If it's a date that I have free I can visit the relatives AND get a mando fix. That sounds pretty awesome to me!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Swannanoa Gathering Mando week

Well...it's here...heading out tomorrow morning! Excited to say the least! New strings on the 'dola and the 'F', new bridge and nut on the Calace. :mandosmiley:

Woohoo! :grin:
  15. Re: Violin Etudes/Studies for mandolin advancement

All great mentions...

I second Wohlfarht - early books stay in 1st position, but go all over 1st position.

Also I second the Whistler Introducing the Positions (Books 1 and 2) - boring...but...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Edition of Calace Method

Already ordered mine!