Search:

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Stephen Perry updates, shop running again, located N. Va.

Greetings mando peoples. Things have settled down sufficiently that I'm starting to touch mandolins again. I'm just outside of Old Town Alexandria, VA. After fits and starts, my shop is fully up...
  2. Replies
    Views

2021 batch of Forster mandolins

This years' batch of mandolins will start in a few weeks.

Lots of choices - most of you know my Big Celtic F model:
  3. Replies
    Views

2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar!

Just got this lovely Frank Tate tenor guitar from Cafe member gortnamona/Lawrence the other day - it's an absolute beauty! This is one of my favourite jigs (written by Seán Ryan), and always the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Parlour King 19" tenot

Its been ages since I started this instrument, but I've been slowed down by the weather of late - it's been very humid here in Queensland and that has prevented me gluing things together for weeks on...
  5. Replies
    Views

Hewlett on Octave Mandolin

Yes I'm wearing green

UETda4U1zo4
  6. Molly Tuttle, Sierra Hull, Sarah Jarosz -Back to Boston/Salt cree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQN2wl-URqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQN2wl-URqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuW7sNyz-hU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuW7sNyz-hU
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: High Quality Short Scale Tenor Guitar?

21.5" or thereabouts is great for CGDA, and yes, I do make a lot of tenors these days. If you've not sat through them all, here is a playlist of my tenor and plectrum guitars on YouTube:

8. Re: Tom Kimber on tenor guitar, mandolin and tenor banjo!

Glad to say Tom ordered himself a Session King tenor a few weeks back. We might have to come up with a Tom Kimber model!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Nyberg Flattop Mandolin Build Thread

And now for something a little different.....a laminated walnut neck with bloodwood center strip....:disbelief: :grin:
  10. Re: Thinking about learning fingerstyle on a tenor

Nonsense :) Six strings = overkill and besides everyone plays six string

That's my first resort... I leave the left corner nails of my right hand a bit longer. You don't need six inch nails -...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitars

Here's a peek at my three jumbos. Jumbo Mandolin 17" scale, jumbo Tenor Guitar 23" to 24" scale GDAE & jumbo (Tenor) Fiddle 400mm stop length. 190776
  12. Replies
    Views

My tenor was built by David Newton on a Size 2 frame:

It has a Carpathian Spruce top:

East Indian Rosewood back and sides:
  13. Replies
    Views

Douglas-fir, Oregon myrtle, and black walnut. Just about the favorite thing I've made.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Gypsy Jazz stylez tenor

Ah, the grande bouche! I have an Earnest Selma tenor made for me by Joel Eckhaus from some excellent koa I gave him. Petit bouche!

As for a pickup, I would guess an internal microphone or some...
  15. Re: What are some good "Guitar Body Octave Mandolin makers out th

Did someone say pictures?

16. Replies
    Views

Re: Hornpipe rhythm

I would just listen to YouTube videos of good players of Irish music. For the most part hornpipes are played with a dotted timing but how "straight" or dotted they are depends on taste really.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull on Steven Colbert

Nice shirt, Tim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eqpt8VDdX4
  18. Replies
    Views

Recent A model Mandolin

Here is a recent A Model mandolin of mine - I don't make as many of these as I do my Celtic F mandolin, but they're really great.

19. Replies
    Views

Recent Session King tenor guitar

Not posted any Session King photos of late - here is one due out the shop today - mahogany back and sides, torrefied sitka top, 22" scale, tuned GDAE.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Taran Springwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P0PNmFPcPY

Bit of gloomy looking film, apt for these gloomy days without any live music, but the Springwell is developing and maturing beautifully, to my ears.
  21. President Garfield's Hornpipe - Writing a variation to the melody

Hello there!

I've been having a blast for the last 5 weeks taking online classes from Mr. Dominick Leslie. He's not only a great player, but also a very good teacher!

I wanted to share this...
  22. Replies
    Views

Parlour King 19" tenor

Been on with a pair of Parlour Kings' recently - the one relevant to this part of the forum is the guitar on the right. Its a cedrela and mahogany 4 string Parlour King tenor. 19" scale, with a flat...
  23. Replies
    Views

NMD Pomeroy Oval

This has been in the works for a few months. It arrived today and it's spectacular. The neck shape/size is perfect--extremely comfortable and fast and easy to get around on. Don made it custom for me...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: New Parlour King tenor video up!

None. The construction - the laminated sides, and the bracing are the same. The way the instrument works is the same. If there is any difference, it is the smaller tenor has slightly less bass, but...
  25. Replies
    Views

New Parlour King tenor video up!

Christian and Martin came down to see the the other week and we had a fine afternoon, lots of tunes, lots of tea and plenty of laughs.

I got the video camera out and shot a few tunes. Here we go -...
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4