Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: National ResoMando

No problem, I realise that.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike M on different m’cello

gah! honey, I shrunk Mike Marshall! that's a beastly machine with amazing tone. pete, thanks for posting it!
  3. Re: Sarah Jarosz full concert video 2/27/24

Excellent video. I have watched it 2 times. I have seen video of Sarah solo on line, but this is actually a really good hard/soft rock concert. And the band is really good.
    Mike
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Sarah Jarosz full concert video 2/27/24

Or check out this profile of Sarah for the Cafe!

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/172-Looking-Forward-with-Sarah-Jarosz

Sarah's pursuing her musical vision, and I love watching her...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacing a broken tailgate

Great response from Hobgoblin. Got back to me the same morning to say they’d replace the part for nothing as it shouldn’t have broken. Thanks guys for all the advice. Good point about taping down the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New Ian Coury video

Ian is on staff this summer for Choro Camp New England.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Merry Christmas friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v81LKkUOYj4
  8. Replies
    Views

What a lovely video and idea. The dancers are such fun!
  9. Replies
    Views

Those wooden dancers very much remind me of the song "Whiskey on a Sunday" - I have never seen anything like them before.
  10. Replies
    Views

Absolutely charming!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Can anyone identify these tuners?

You’ll find the Collings ones pictured (if you blow it up) in the gallery here - https://www.collingsguitars.com/mandolins/mt-mandola/#gallery&gid=1&pid=10 - so they’re clearly still making them.
  12. Replies
    Views

If they were made in 1999 then chances are they are Gotoh tuners and the post should be square. If that's the case you can replace the buttons with the Waverly buttons sold by Stewmac. I have one set...
  13. Replies
    Views

I had some Waverly buttons that buzzed/rattled. It was a quick and permanent fix. You'll have to cut the tape down to the right width. Don't put so much tape on that you have to really force the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Gotoh do make tuners with shorter shafts on the middle pair. I’ve never investigated their model number or even whether they’re available but my Collings mandola came with a set fitted from new.
  15. Replies
    Views

On second look, the shafts, especially the Ds and As seem short. Maybe the shafts have been modified? Here's a photo of a nickel set of MF40R tuners.

16. Replies
    Views

Here's the issue. They appear to be Gotoh's but Saga, the importer of Kentucky mandolins brought in some fake Gotoh tuners that appear to be the same. They even use the same screw sizes. What is...
  17. Replies
    Views

I've wrapped Teflon Tape around the post the button sits on to friction fit buttons that fell off those cheap Stew Mac A style tuners. I've also used it to fix rattles with buttons that screw on....
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Busking with limberjacks

One of our fiddlers makes limberjacks and when he's got an audience, he'll put down the fiddle and make the man dance. it's great to have it as part of our gigs. the one he normally uses for our...
  19. Replies
    Views

I'm with TheMandoKit. Always thought the were super cool as a kid.

Adam
  20. Replies
    Views

Nice!

I always thought those things were great when I was a kid.
  21. Replies
    Views

Fergal Scahill plays O’Donnell’s Hornpipe

Fergal is a great fiddler, but this mandolin video he did is just fantastic. It needs to be shared, so here it is:
    https://youtu.be/ZPDpZUkR0CA

David
  22. Replies
    Views

Hot Brazilian bandolim (mandolin)

Since Brazilian bandolim virtuoso Ian Coury was recently featured on Mandolin Monday, folks might be interested in this YouTube video of a Pixinguinha classic shot a week ago on the beach in...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Tunes in "F"

Here is a You tube link to a Monroe influenced tune in F for mandolin I recorded with my New Mexico Group around 2008. It's one I wrote call "Nates Rambles". I had forgotten all about this tune.
  24. Re: Monteleone F5 - #4 of his original 10 Loar copies

I have #63 in the shop now. It's a Grand Artist.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Bob White mandolins

I attended a workshop sponsered by Mr. White, in the art of building mandolins several years ago.. Very nice guy, and made me want to be all that I can be.. It was at a folk fair in down town ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2