Search:

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Lyon & Healy with custom replacement 27-fret board

Nice work on this one. I am not sure it's worth $4K given the replacement parts, but it sure looks beautiful!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: I would like to buy a EMBERGHER

That was why I warned you. I believe my No. 3 is about that nut width (I can measure it later). Mine is early so it does not have the zero fret.

BTW the other feature of Emberghers is that they...
  3. Five Course Flat-top Mandola with Asymmetrical Body

I have completed the prototype of a five-course flat-top Cgdae mandola with a 15.5" scale length, that I have posted about in '. . .What's on your Bench' while it was in progress. While I say that I...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo...Which player...

In a completely different style, here is some tremolo that amazes me from Calace’s Preludio No 1 op. 45 played by Detlef Tewes. The notes for this video were written by Cafe member Robert Margo....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo...Which player...

You can't leave out the Italian players. They all mastered tremelo before they grew their adult teeth.
  6. Replies
    Views

Oblivion - Piazzolla

The guitar is courtesy of guitar pro...:mandosmiley:

WjtC-QfOqa0
  7. Replies
    Views

A couple of new mandolins

Off to the US next month for the Guild of American Luthiers convention in Tacoma WA. I will have a couple of new mandolins with me. The latest of the King Billy and Huon Pine oval hole mandolins, and...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Bowl Backs and sound

I'm not sure I would put the Embergher ribbed bird's eye bowls and War-of-the-Worlds headstock exactly in the plain-jane category that David is alluding to.

Maybe like comparing an Armani suit to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Old Bowl Backs and sound

I recently have been helping a friend who has a large collection of musical instruments, among them a variety of mandolins.

One part of the mandolin collection is a group of maybe 30-plus vintage...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: 1913 Embergher ID

I am also guessing that your fretboard was replaced at one time since one the pre-1917 models the fretboard did not cross the soundhole and extend to the other side. I agree with Victor that the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: 1913 Embergher ID

Yes, as Jim said, a student model style B. "I Fiori" as it is sometimes referred to. It has a distinct headstock shape typical for only A and B models and the flowers on the scratchplate. A nice...
  12. Replies
    Views

1913 Embergher ID

Hey All,

Just got a new old mandolin, wondering if any of you knowledgeable folks could help me correctly identify exactly what I have. From what tiny bit of research I've done, seems like an...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: iPad Bluetooth page turners

I use this...
  14. Replies
    Views

I use a Coda Stomp with an iPad and forScore:
    https://www.codamusictech.com/products/bluetooth-page-turner-music-pedal-for-tablets
    https://www.soundbrenner.com/stomp/
    https://forscore.co/
    It all...
  15. Replies
    Views

My setup is similar to Beanzy - AirTurn Duo 200 with and iPad and Onsong. Works great.
  16. Replies
    Views

I use the Airturn Duo 500 with both my iPad & iPad & OnSong, saves a lot of fiddly poking
  17. Replies
    Views

I have this one. Works well with my 9th-gen iPad.

https://store.airturn.com/collections/bluetooth-pedals/products/airturn-bt500s-2-controller
  18. Replies
    Views

Old Wave Instrument Videos

Hi mandolin community,

I wanted to start this separate forum to post videos of folks who own and love their Old Wave instruments. I was so sad to learn of Bill Bussmann's passing. Our paths...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing with too much tension.

Jim, this is the only thing that helps me: Consciously working on the things David mentions during *practice*. It’s not the kind of thing I could develop on the fly, under pressure, performing. But...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing with too much tension.

Over the years I worked on concentrating on using as little tension as possible, and focusing on just which muscles need to be used to play guitar and mandolin.

I do not use the elbow much for...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Brand New Blues Mandolin Book

Cool! Interesting how many styles it covers. I had to do a search on my Amazon app to find it there. I got a lot of other blues mandolin books I was unaware of and also found a mandoline for the...
  22. Re: Oval Hole A model classical mandolin needed

Perhaps, Wayne, you should give us a general range what you are willing to pay. Some of the suggestions here are excellent but generally we are talking about some numbers that are higher than the...
  23. Replies
    Views

serious blues mando here

best vid found in a long time on the tube

solo blues mandolin ... love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFge96aYTvs
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Strings for the Phoenix Europa Mandolin

Thanks Tim.
  25. Replies
    Views

Lyon & Healy at Carter's

This showed up in the classifieds today. Instead of a 1930 Style B, it looks to me like a pre-1920 Style A. If anyone is wanting an L&H, the price is amazing, and it looks to be in good condition....
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4