Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: NASHVILLE NM-998 Reso- Mandolin

From what I have read you likely have selected a good mandolin.

I have one of those resonater mandos (recording King) and really enjoy it but i have several other mandos and if I could only have...
  2. Replies
    Views

I second this statement. Your Kentucky is the better starter because of versatility. Those resonators are quite heavy too.
  3. Replies
    Views

+1 for the 161. Much more versatile instrument. Probably quite a bit lighter to carry around as well. Let us know how you like it when it arrives.
  4. Replies
    Views

The 161 is a very respectable mandolin to get going on and is far more versatile than the resophonic. Good choice.
  5. Replies
    Views

I'm sure the 161 would serve you well. The entry-level Kentuckys have a good reputation, and the 161 is solid wood. The next key thing is getting the instrument well set up. Any good store will be...
  6. Replies
    Views

I played one of the same troupe of instruments in a store in Scotland. It was fun to plink away on, but it would never be a main instrument for me - too cranky a sound that would likely soon get very...
  7. Replies
    Views

What you appear to have is the basic Chinese-made resonator mandolin that's been sold in the US under brands like Johnson, Republic, Recording King, and no doubt others. There are apparently some...
  8. Replies
    Views

If it sounds good to you that is the most important thing. Action and intonation are important too , I assume that both must have been OK or as a guitar player you would have felt or heard a problem....